Touch up paint for retro bikes

paulos

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys

I was hoping to find some touch up paints available for some okd bikes I have.

But it seems not.

Do you people use nail varnish?
Or do you get some one to match the paint?

If so - do you do it in person or via the internet?

Any help would be appreciated.

This is the Muddyfox colour I want to match - any one managed to find anything?

Also - does anyone else have any photos of a pathfinder in this colour?

Thanks

Attachments

• 7EC4951F-FE3E-4E18-95CD-578D8A8855C3.jpeg
    7EC4951F-FE3E-4E18-95CD-578D8A8855C3.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 189
  • C699D720-FE62-43C1-B619-42ABC8D3317B.jpeg
    C699D720-FE62-43C1-B619-42ABC8D3317B.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 189
  • C37EC5EB-2CF8-474E-85CE-285D9DA9F23A.jpeg
    C37EC5EB-2CF8-474E-85CE-285D9DA9F23A.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 189
Re:

I've used nail varnish, which seems to be holding up well (well, it is L'Oreal :LOL: ), but enamel paint for modelling or touch up paint for cars could be used. It depends on what you can find that matches the colour closely and is reasonably tough. The Muddyfox looks like it might be a not-too-hard-to-find RAL colour. Anyway, once acquired, test on an inconspicuous area and away you go.

You're not going to be able to colour match online because different screens display colours differently.

Re:

Paint matching can be one of the most difficult things to do. Car paint suppliers have scanners that can get the colour close but they usually will only mix up a litre of paint, also only a few still do cellulose. Sometimes you can get stuff made up in a rattle can but ends up just about as expensive as a litre can. I have often resorted to taking a bike into the autofactors and trying to match it to rattle cams, sometimes you strike lucky, but not often. And again I have been known to hang around the nail varnish section of Superdrug comparing nail varnishes to a photo on my phone, getting very suspicious looks from the staff! Again you occasionally strike lucky but again not often. Hopefully someone on here will have the same colour Muddy Fox and can advise you on the paint colour....Good Luck

Thanks both for your replies.

I’ll start having a look.

Any good places to try for the model paint?

Back