Took almost 3 decades but I finally got my hands on one of these....Brodie Sovereign with Gatorblade fork

Here we go. Its back from Chris Dekerf's paintshop. I chose to repaint with King Blue, pretty close to the original Brodie Eggplant. Has a nice sparkle to it in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_3410.jpg
    IMG_3410.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3411.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 123
Well done getting your hands on this, love your colour choice! Chris does amazing work, sure glad you found a way to mount that gatorblade and those Revolutions came out very nice 👍

M900 is a perfect choice, love it. Looking forward to more updates

Here we go. Its back from Chris Dekerf's paintshop. I chose to repaint with King Blue, pretty close to the original Brodie Eggplant. Has a nice sparkle to it in the sun.
Looks like it was in very safe hands. Lots of love for Brodie's on RB! Looking very smart indeed :cool:

I have crazy amounts of want for a Brodie. They are just something else. I think I need to book a flight to Canada to hunt one out!

I have crazy amounts of want for a Brodie. They are just something else. I think I need to book a flight to Canada to hunt one out!
I don’t think you have to go that far…there is one currently at the German eBay:
Gerade bei #Kleinanzeigen gefunden. Wie findest du das?

Top notch colour choice!
What did Chris do to fit the forks then?
Is that a Syncros headset?

Top notch colour choice!
What did Chris do to fit the forks then?
Is that a Syncros headset?
He had to separate the fork crown from the steer tube and then re-engineer a larger diameter steer tube with differential diameters to fit the original crown and the head tube. Took a bit of work he said. And yes that's an NOS Syncros headset...another unicorn find from a local retrobike afficiando. If I had to be honest it probably didn't make a lot of financial sense to put the amount of money that I did to refurbish/rebuild an essentially 30 year old bike but it was a purely emotional buy....I have always wanted one of these.

Back