Too much skinwall?

Not sure how you managed that as black sidewalls tend to be the norm.

Bike at front seems missing front brake.

Re:

Out of interest, what different makes of skinwall tyre do you have on those bikes there?

Re: Re:

jimo746":24zp7z3y said:
Out of interest, what different makes of skinwall tyre do you have on those bikes there?
From left to right:

Onza Ibex (had a pair of these on my Ibis, great tyre)
Charge Splashback (not tried these yet but get good reviews)
Halo or DMR? (edit: think these are DMR Supermoto)
Panaracer Smoke (ah, one of the classics that are also an awesome tyre, I run smokes front & rear on my Attitude)

;)

1210tech":3mn04lj3 said:
jimo746":3mn04lj3 said:
From left to right:

Onza Ibex (had a pair of these on my Ibis, great tyre)
Charge Splashback (not tried these yet but get good reviews)
Halo or DMR? (edit: think these are DMR Supermoto)
Panaracer Smoke (ah, one of the classics that are also an awesome tyre, I run smokes front & rear on my Attitude)

;)

Spot on.

Yeah, the Onza's are really good tyres. Its unfair to say I was pleasantly surprised as I'd hear great things about them prior to getting hold of a set (which wasn't easy). I'd recommend these to anyone.
The Charge Splashbacks are OK for a cheapo tyre but have pretty thin sidewalls. Good as a general blast around tyre.
Correct; DMR Supermotos
Panaracer Smoke Lites to be precise. I tried with 2.1's but on the steel frame with Pace forks they just looked too big. Pretty sketch compared to modern designs, but as you say 'A Classic'.

02gf74":3mn04lj3 said:
Not sure how you managed that as black sidewalls tend to be the norm.

Bike at front seems missing front brake.

Sure, the '93 Marin is my ongoing project. Crudely pieced together just so I can get out on it.
Plenty more work to be done on this beauty.

Wow, exactly what I was looking for. Just finished my Zaskar 1996 with 27.5" wheels. Feels like a modern, easy to handle big wheel bike :) Still needed skinwalls on it. But be careful; I use the Onza Canis skinwalls on my other 26" Zaskar and the walls are quite weak when you don't inflate them hard enough. They need some extra bar otherwise the walls will get damaged within a few weeks.

Foto650-T6JF6ATK.jpg

Foto650-DSRG7H4J.jpg

Foto650-NLJEJT7D.jpg

Back