Tom Bromwich mountain bike

charlE30

Alpinestars Fan
When I were a lad back in the very late 80's I purchased a mountain bike frame made by Tom Bromwich who was local to me (not directly from him).
It was an amazing little frame, fillet brazed mixed Reynolds tubing, sloping top tube, special bottom bracket using push in bearings held with pinch bolts to run a custom wide BB axle (rumour was, the bearings were from a washing machine :oops:). The idea behind it, was so it could have super short 15.25" chainstays but maintain tyre clearance.

Looked the same as the one in the only photo I can find on the net below.

Just wondered if anyone else had ever come across one or if it was a special one off?

bromwich_668.jpg

When I were a lad back in the very late 80's I purchased a mountain bike frame made by Tom Bromwich who was local to me (not directly from him).
It was an amazing little frame, fillet brazed mixed Reynolds tubing, sloping top tube, special bottom bracket using push in bearings held with pinch bolts to run a custom wide BB axle (rumour was, the bearings were from a washing machine :oops:). The idea behind it, was so it could have super short 15.25" chainstays but maintain tyre clearance.

Looked the same as the one in the only photo I can find on the net below.

Just wondered if anyone else had ever come across one or if it was a special one off?

View attachment 869617

Have you tried the search on here? putting Bromwich in throws up plenty of reading 👍

Back