Today I was mostly riding.....

All a bit piddling after James' efforts. 22 miles yesterday which turned out to be the last ride on the MF as the frame is done for.

On the lookout for a big frame to take all the 97 xt.

Today shorter trundle on the Alves to give it a shakedown with new blocks, cassette and tyres. All good.
iPhone pic sorry.

17b49a85ebf3f58bb0680d9fc00e1b17_zps0e5e917c.jpg

theredchili":3goawcht said:
Rode my first Audax today, 206km with 2368m of ascent, pretty chuffed for a winters day

good effort james. never ridden a audax,how do they work ? is it a timed event, with food stops etc etc ?

matthew71":1l8wrnh3 said:
theredchili":1l8wrnh3 said:
Rode my first Audax today, 206km with 2368m of ascent, pretty chuffed for a winters day

good effort james. never ridden a audax,how do they work ? is it a timed event, with food stops etc etc ?

Cheers Matt, basically you have to visit all the checkpoints and get your brevet card stamped at each ( these are generally at cafés) also there were some questions you have to answer, for example what is the name of the house on the right of the mini roundabout, this just proves you've been there.
There is no time limit ( that I knew off). Food stops you can stop as long as you want, a pretty chilled out event with no dickheads. There's another 200k event in January.
it too me 10 hrs this included stops so moving time was more like 8 1/2 ish

theredchili":3h5nyjwt said:
matthew71":3h5nyjwt said:
theredchili":3h5nyjwt said:

Cheers Matt, basically you have to visit all the checkpoints and get your brevet card stamped at each ( these are generally at cafés) also there were some questions you have to answer, for example what is the name of the house on the right of the mini roundabout, this just proves you've been there.
There is no time limit ( that I knew off). Food stops you can stop as long as you want, a pretty chilled out event with no dickheads. There's another 200k event in January.
it too me 10 hrs this included stops so moving time was more like 8 1/2 ish

That sounds pretty good, so do you create your own route knowing the points you have to get to or follow a pre-set route?

Could be good fun to design our own one?!? :D

daj":hpjf3j9x said:
That sounds pretty good, so do you create your own route knowing the points you have to get to or follow a pre-set route?

Could be good fun to design our own one?!? :D

Route was pre done and available in a GPX format or you could down load a map with the route on.

matthew71":1rvj5px2 said:
been on the audax website,there is one near Doncaster next year and is only £4 to enter, bargin :D

By comparison , a friend of mine has entered a local sportive , Cost him £23 for a 60 mile ride :shock: :facepalm:
Mike

Latest posts

Back