titec bars

bit off topic but i like to think that the more it weights the longer it MIGHT last :roll:

i have one pair of .243 cromo bars in one inch diameter,theyr esaid to be bullettproof,i havent used any,just bolted ones to my one ride,and removed it,and screwed in a good rugged heavy ones.CrMo is supposed to be good but ive bashed so many times all types of carbon and other hitech bars,and hurt my self that i just have to get heavy duty stuu nowadays if im goin down the hills or other rough use.In road mtb´s i think u can use just about any tube other that drainpipe.If u arent after low weights that is.

Titec ti bars

I have apair of the original pg150 Bontrager bars on my Pace RC200.These are from 1994 and have had the hell ridden out of them,and they are still going strong.I also have a pair of the later(2000) Titec branded ones on my other bike,and i would not use anything else,as they obviously last quite a long time without breaking!! :D

I´m not a metarlugist nor nuttin, but I read somewhere that Ti actually becomes stronger after exposure to loads of stress cycles, the limiting factor is the quality of the welds, whicch don´t come into play here. So assuming your ti bar hasn´t been bent, it should be stronger than a new one, pretty cool if correct.... please verify someone!

tuercas":3oqjrc7n said:
I´m not a metarlugist nor nuttin, but I read somewhere that Ti actually becomes stronger after exposure to loads of stress cycles, the limiting factor is the quality of the welds, whicch don´t come into play here. So assuming your ti bar hasn´t been bent, it should be stronger than a new one, pretty cool if correct.... please verify someone!

That's the first I've read that...very cool if correct :cool:

waiting on confirmation...anyone, anyone? :)

GoldenEraMTB":sabix01j said:
tuercas":sabix01j said:

ive studied some metallurgy since i forge knives and tools etc.
it might be partly true,that it comes HARDER,not stronger,and as it might get harder its also more brittle till th epoint in wont be able to bentback when stressed and it just cracks into pieces.

i think. :?

Traani":wvr0nd6x said:
GoldenEraMTB":wvr0nd6x said:
tuercas":wvr0nd6x said:

ive studied some metallurgy since i forge knives and tools etc.
it might be partly true,that it comes HARDER,not stronger,and as it might get harder its also more brittle till th epoint in wont be able to bentback when stressed and it just cracks into pieces.

i think. :?

oh. well, that's not very cool then...not at all. :?

That said; I've had a few of these bars over the years, and they've held up quite well- I'm 175 to 210 lbs.

Crell":2wn88gh0 said:
I've got a prototype set, and some Bontrager 118s..

lets see your prototypes

Bbars001.jpg

Back