Titanium Fat Chance Yo Eddy Medium 17.5 Ti

Re: Fat chance

GoldenEraMTB":3mfztoee said:
bouddha":3mfztoee said:
I was not talking about the weld over the actual downtube (of course, it's the Chris Chance's signature and genius) but the large and thick weld between the seatstay and the BB.
is this normal?
;)

???

I think that those chainstays were sleeved as well, which would explain why the weld looks so thick...Anyone know this for sure?

Does anyone know who bought this bike? The price was high for a used bike, but don't forget that the frame cost more than that when it was new.

fatmikeynyc":qivb0hb3 said:
GoldenEraMTB":qivb0hb3 said:
bouddha":qivb0hb3 said:
I was not talking about the weld over the actual downtube (of course, it's the Chris Chance's signature and genius) but the large and thick weld between the seatstay and the BB.
is this normal?
;)

???

I think that those chainstays were sleeved as well, which would explain why the weld looks so thick...Anyone know this for sure?

Does anyone know who bought this bike? The price was high for a used bike, but don't forget that the frame cost more than that when it was new.

The price seems about right for what was included. The Fat Ti frame that was very used a couple weeks ago went for $900; that was low compared to what they've been going for over the past year or two.

Now, does the person that picked it up wanna trade it ;)

Interestingly, it matched the price of the complete WTB Phoenix Ti from a couple months back.

GoldenEraMTB":3hjmipl1 said:
fatmikeynyc":3hjmipl1 said:
GoldenEraMTB":3hjmipl1 said:
bouddha":3hjmipl1 said:
is this normal?
;)

???

The price seems about right for what was included. The Fat Ti frame that was very used a couple weeks ago went for $900; that was low compared to what they've been going for over the past year or two.

Interestingly, it matched the price of the complete WTB Phoenix Ti from a couple months back.

In your opinion : the value (and rating) of a WTB Phoenix Ti is it superior or not to the Fat Chance Ti one (in a same state of used )?

bouddha":dvmmeiyx said:
GoldenEraMTB":dvmmeiyx said:
fatmikeynyc":dvmmeiyx said:
GoldenEraMTB":dvmmeiyx said:
bouddha":dvmmeiyx said:
is this normal?
;)

???

In your opinion : the value (and rating) of a WTB Phoenix Ti is it superior or not to the Fat Chance Ti one (in a same state of used )?

Strictly in my opinion, from what I've observed in the past couple years, with condition being equal, and speaking only on frames, as complete bikes vary too much, and rarely increase the value of the frame, (unless it's the WTB Phoenix Ti equipped with original WTB parts):

Fat Ti's have been moving back up in value, now approaching the value of Phoenix Ti's. This is hard to say since Fat Ti's tend to come up for sale more often than Phoenix Ti's. Phoenix Ti's still have a slight edge edge on the Fat Ti's, especially if you're a west coast guy, but even if you're east coast. But again, this is changing.

If my Phoenix Ti was the right size, I would not be swapping it for a Fat Ti, but I would still want a Fat Ti at some point down the road, in addition to my phoenix Ti.

:D

Back