Tioga Phsyco - Directional?

hairstream

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone have a thought or an example pic of which way they are running a Phsyco tire on the rear? Just picked up a set in butterscotch from Ernie for the Monster Fat build. Cheers.

Generally for directional treads, the chevrons on the top of the tyre should point forwards on the front, backwards on the back.

Have a pair for my Ozone, will be running them facing in different directions. Pretty sure they are marked up to tell you which way. I always think of it as the front points in the way you want to go and the rear is about grip so wants to scoop as much mud as possible - so the slight arrow of a Pyscho tread points forward on the front and back on the rear.

Clear as mud that I reckon!

back in the day i read they perform better fitted the wrong way round. it was written in a mag so i bought into it and duly changed them round. cant say i noticed any difference at all! might fit my psychos back to front on my kona build as homage

Yep. We did the same thing. Will do the same "homage" thing. Thanks all for the input. Post up pics if you got em. Cheers.

I always ran mine like this >> which I believe the sidewalls say to.

However, I always thought <> would have worked better?

At the end of the day, I'd run them whichever way you find most effective! I personally run 2 rear specific Wildgrippers on my LTS!

They are labelled which way to run them, and yes they should be 'backwards' on the rear. Not that it helps, they're still terrible in the mud ;)

(in the photo you'll notice the logo is not visible on the rear tyre)

n859410656_2276483_4425.jpg

Back