Timewarp bike shop.

sunchaser

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
How great would it be to just walk into your LBS & just buy whatever retro frame & components you wanted :cool:

So, if this was possible what would you buy? Ritchey P-21, Kona Hei Hei, trick brakes, fork that don't work :?... Endless possibilities.

I prefer my retro stuff to be old, I can't stand the current trend for retro remakes like the mini, beetle etc

As I get older I can't reproduce the raw excitement of being young, and seeing expensive kit as a pure dream come true.....I'm approaching my fourth decade and my decisions are now level headed, informed and largely emotion free.....my dream lbs visit would have been to pick up an rc100, gunmetal grey, yellow fork, xt grouppo......I daren't think how many times I pined over the pics of its first review in mbuk.....being an age without serious responsibility, my bike was my all encompassing passion.....good times.... :D

totally agree with feetabix (although unless you are in your 20's now then im afraid to tell you that you are actually approaching your 5th decade!)

my guilty pleasure would be a Zaskar or LTS-1 with full XTR and Judy's...or a super sloping Kona.

I wasnt well informed enough back then to know about the niche brands that ive learnt about since!

I can walk in to my LBS and buy NOS Manitous (FS+HT), STSs, LTSs, iDrives, K2s as it is now. Won't even get started on the NOS BMX stuff

FMJ":22vdb9q7 said:
I can walk in to my LBS and buy NOS Manitous (FS+HT), STSs, LTSs, iDrives, K2s as it is now. Won't even get started on the NOS BMX stuff

Pictures PLEASE!

I always looked longingly at a full xtr equipped zaskar, yellow judys, just the right amount of purple ano & smoke / darts iirc. it was my dream bike that i would have done anything for back then (especially as my budget only went as far as a rigid giant gsr400 heavyweight thing that i slapped a load of 3rd hand lx on!) the only other thing i really liked the look of (but didn't like the way it rode) was a fat, chunky alu tubed cannondale with a headshock fork.

if i was to go back now, knowing whats survived the tests of time i'd probably be looking at either a suntour equipped clockwork in the classic orange / white fade or an aquafade fat chance!

Back