Time TBT pedal advice

These are my TBT cleats attached to genuine time shoes , the "disc" rubs over the steel plate of the pedal and it would be sloppy without it I presume

Attachments

• IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 855
If the plastic bit is missing, the load ends up on the brass cleat and the tail end of the pedal body. Wears it out in no time.

None of the bagged cleats i have contain any paperwork, so no idea if there is a recommended torque.

Re:

Thanks for all the help, really happy with the way they have worked out and my knees will be so grateful to you all :)

Reminds me, need to convert one of our shared bikes to TBT, Mrs prefers testing and training on TBTs, road racing on impacts.
Just built a new low profile........

Re:

I like the tbt pedals/four hole shoes as there is no way you can put the cleat laterally in the wrong position. Anything that's three bolt is not as accurate to setup even if you use the look / Retul system. Pedals going on the bike today :)

latman":mlt0a2ig said:
why with two different types of cleats ? (which usually means different shoes)
Why not? It's not like shoes are expensive, especially if you don't mind last year's colours (I generally won't buy at more than half price)
Also, running 2 or more pairs at the same time extends the life of each pair.
And if they get wet, or broken, or lost. You've always got a spare pair.

And the tbts give a more stable platform for big TT efforts. And hang in a better position for getting your foot it (when you have over shoes on, it helps)

Re:

The shoes and pedals work perfectly, really comfortable and power transfer is excellent with the carbon sole.

Back