Time TBT Cleats...re-manufactured?

Way2many

Retro Guru
Hi,

I'm going to attempt to find a manufacturer of the Time TBT cleat, only the front part as shown in the picture.

It will be made from a decent alloy so will last a fair bit longer than the plastic version.

If you know of a compaym that is willing to cast in small quantities please PM me the contact details. I have several of the plastic ones that can be used as a master or if machining is 'cost effective' I will try to draw the cleat in 3D.

If you are interested and only genuine please post name and quantity here.

Thanks.

Carl.

Attachments

• Time TBT cleats.jpg
    Time TBT cleats.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 837
Hi Carl,
I'm always on the lookout for TBT cleats, they are the only pedals I use, so if you find someone to make them please let me know.
I prefer plastic to alloy, they cause less wear on the pedals, and in plastic is this not something that would be ideal for a 3D printer?
Richie

Re:

Hi,

I've looked often for these and have a few sets of shoes so I would be interested in a few sets (price dependant) but lets say 6 sets if they are reasonable cost.

I think the back (Brass) bits are pretty strong and seem to last so anything that can make my now excessive collection of TBT pedals last longer would be welcome :)

I know the back bits come in 2 designs, are they fronts all the same?

the brass cams at the rear are almost indestructible it seems. they were in different shapes as I understand that the originals were left/right footed, the revised cam fits either foot.
the fronts are all the same rounded leading edge shape if you have the original TIME cleats.
I have some alloy ones that have a slightly squarer leading edge, I've always assumed these were remanufactured. they still work fine though.
richie

bigfatron":29w77i8m said:
the brass cams at the rear are almost indestructible it seems. they were in different shapes as I understand that the originals were left/right footed, the revised cam fits either foot.
the fronts are all the same rounded leading edge shape if you have the original TIME cleats.
I have some alloy ones that have a slightly squarer leading edge, I've always assumed these were remanufactured. they still work fine though.
richie

I think the later dual side cams work better with the equipe type pedals because using the 1st gen cleat with those pedals seems to be a bit of a pain whereas they are fine with the original style squarer pedals. Might even be the same with the front bits but not sure. I'd say the 1st gen front were squarer looking but only have a few worn sets now to look at!

If you are wanting a brass one how about looking into lost wax casting. You could probably use an existing one as a pattern and the process is suitable for short runs.

Back