Tim Gould's '93 Newnham Schwinn (homage) FINISHED

Re:

Sorry I broke my scanner hitting it too hard !
Hopefully this'll do for now....

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4197.jpg

Re: Tim Gould Schwinn homage build

Quote: "So I can see the Scott AT-2 bars, the Scott Unishock VR 1993 model, and dark rims.....and what is possibly a Scott or Pedros yellow water bottle"

this is great! these new pics from the mag show the "dark rims" are also Ritchey.

Thanks a huge amount Shawn! If you wish to donate that mag, just PM me :D

Now I know what rims to look for...though looking at the pics I took, it looks like Tim was running the non-carbon Unishock at Newnham (more grey in Colour)

PICT0119 [1024x768] by Bollox2u, on Flickr

SO - the $1000 000 question is - should I go for;

A - NOS

B - The as it was raced, chainslap and all look?

Comments please

Re:

it would have been NOS to Tim originally, and as this is your bike, then you owe it to yourself to build it as new, but to not be precious about whilst riding it and let it accumulate it's own usage marks :cool:

Re:

All depends if you want to ride it a lot and enjoy it without getting precious about the paint or ride it somewhere that won't damage paint.

I'd personally try it out off road, pre full respray etc, see how it feels.

Mike

Looks like it has the scalloped cutaway at the front which indicates the road version of the Force to me.

Re: Re:

velofrog":14x5mjm3 said:
it would have been NOS to Tim originally, and as this is your bike, then you owe it to yourself to build it as new, but to not be precious about whilst riding it and let it accumulate it's own usage marks :cool:

Agree with Velo

just depends where you want to stick the marker down in the time line that Tim had his, i.e. Brand new -> Mid life -> or well raced and tired looking

The latter would take a lot less effort and be quicker but I don't think thats a major fact for you given you stated you wanted it ready for Icon-O-Classic 2018 :D

if you had his original bike then tired and knackered would be cool, but since this a homage I'd like to see you raise the bar and go for a fresh(er) looking version, but still be able to ride it

Spud©™

Back