For Sale Ti Raleigh 753 now half price £1250

I really like that. Looks odd on the Raleigh. Raleigh should have marketed it as a tribute bike with 10 speed 29t groupset that brakes well and has a taller headtube fir a relaxed geometry. Unfortunately its been compared to an SBDU which is a completely different beast.
If have a size 56cm it has the same size head tube and reach as Joop's Tdf winning bike, just the top tube has been lowered by 15mm at the seat tube for extra standover and sizing options.

I believe the rear dropouts and rear brake bridge were tig brazed which is a non fusion process at a much lower temperature unlike tig welding. This gives a much stronger connection where extra strength is needed over a sweated solder joint. Some say it's ugly and unfinished but tig brazing unpainted is a thing of real beauty..😍

View attachment 688931View attachment 688932View attachment 688934

That headtube must make this the downhill version ;)

I have to say that metalwork looks very nice indeed. I haven't the required metal myself to ride such a beast, but i could just look at it forever. I do like this sort of thing on show and not painted like you see on ratrods and vintage race cars.

That headtube must make this the downhill version ;)

I have to say that metalwork looks very nice indeed. I haven't the required metal myself to ride such a beast, but i could just look at it forever. I do like this sort of thing on show and not painted like you see on ratrods and vintage race cars.
Suzuki XR69 race bike ridden by Michael Dunlop at the Manx Classic TT, I believe the frame was built by Harris Performance in the UK..😍

Screenshot_20221222-121557~2.png

Suzuki XR69 race bike ridden by Michael Dunlop at the Manx Classic TT, I believe the frame was built by Harris Performance in the UK..😍

View attachment 688972

What a beast!

This thread says all that needs to be said about the 753 replica. One post about it being for sale cheap, a couple of posts about it being naff, and then pages about real Raleigh's and a well engineered motorbike.

Quite sad really. There is alot of love for the original and I am sure there are people who would've stumped up real money for a quality re-release even at made in UK prices.

What a beast!

This thread says all that needs to be said about the 753 replica. One post about it being for sale cheap, a couple of posts about it being naff, and then pages about real Raleigh's and a well engineered motorbike.

Quite sad really. There is alot of love for the original and I am sure there are people who would've stumped up real money for a quality re-release even at made in UK prices.
actually what I said to give some balance was the replica rides nicely and more comfortable than my other Raleigh Pros, though its not in the league of a De Rosa or a Villata

Latest posts

Back