thumb shifters, brake levers, seat for my Highpath resto

somerled

Dirt Disciple
OK. I surrender :(

After searching, researching, buying and trying umpteen levers and shifters for my Highpath I have hit a brick wall. My head is spinning!

Nothing I have fitted looks and or works right, so I put out this plea to you good Retro bikers for a nice pair of thumbshifters and brake levers of late 80's early 90's vintage as this is all I need to finish off my Highpath.

The current mechs etc are : Shimano 6 speed cassette, rear Shimano Megarange mech and front Suntour Accushift with Suntour double chainset.

Anyone got anything for sale at reasonable cost that would be suitable?

I'm also looking for a good condition retro seat for the same bike.

see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=highpath for the restoration etc.

many many thanks

Pete

jamabikes":1hcyl3md said:
got a pair of suntour accushift thumbies. 6 speed indexed, £10 posted. can do pics in a mo

Cool, sounds like just the job. A pic would be good.

many thanks

pics

they are in nice condition with good chrome, but the bolts could do with replacing/painting

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 468
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 468
jamabikes":2ofzxkwo said:
oh got the matching front and rear mechs too.

I'll take the shifters, perfect. I already have mechs, but your ones might be better. PM me your details for payment etc . Paypal gift?

cheers,

Pete

somerled":31ms40i5 said:
OK. I surrender :(

After searching, researching, buying and trying umpteen levers and shifters for my Highpath I have hit a brick wall. My head is spinning!

Nothing I have fitted looks and or works right, so I put out this plea to you good Retro bikers for a nice pair of thumbshifters and brake levers of late 80's early 90's vintage as this is all I need to finish off my Highpath.

The current mechs etc are : Shimano 6 speed cassette, rear Shimano Megarange mech and front Suntour Accushift with Suntour double chainset.

Anyone got anything for sale at reasonable cost that would be suitable?

I'm also looking for a good condition retro seat for the same bike.

see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=highpath for the restoration etc.

many many thanks

Pete

Have you been to see John @ the Bike Station?. i'm sure they would be able to sort you out with lots of period correct bits :)

Andy

^^^^

cheers Andy,

I have been up to the Bike Station a few times for a rummage. I know Rhuaridh there, but not John. When I mention'Highpath' I usually get a blank stare.......heathens!

OK folks, thanks to you kind people on Retrobike I am now sorted for thumbies and correct bars, so what I need now is:

a proper retro seat

I will be able to use the Yamaha TY short levers now as they will fit ok with the thumbies, so the controls are pretty much as they would have been when DWS built this bike.

cheers

Pete

Back