Threaded fsa crank arm on kona dew - help

Burt75

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, am looking for some of advice.

As have been working on old 90's konas for about a year and have just picked up a 2010 kona dr dew to do some fitness rides on and have discovered the drive crank arm stripped at the pedal. (Pedal was glued in)

The crankset is a fsa omega triple and I started looking on ebay for a replacement arm (or more likely a used chainset) but they're mostly for doubles. it looks like the drive arm is attached to the spindle in the same way as hollowtech, so am presuming the size of the spindles will be a different width.

The rings look good and bb is fine, crank arm is 5 bolt, am wondering if other chainsets (fsa or others) are compatible to the hollow bb, or if swapping to a shimano triple thats on chain reaction and swapping the bb would be an easy cheap solution.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... prod110183

I don't know much about hybrids or gearing on these but is a more road orientated chainset better than a mtb one?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Thanks.

Rich

Only problem if you swap just that arm if its difrent brand the other arm might not fit the shaft. I would aim more towards road gearing as my hybrid has got mtb an it just stays in the big ring on the front now an still need more on flat roads realy

Cheers benjy,

Yep was thinking the same on the shaft, thanks for the pointer on the gearing!

Back