The Weather

Been pretty grim commuting over the last few weeks, just rain every bloody day and it turns the towpath into a real mess!

All change tomorrow though(Friday) as we have high pressure building and sun on the cards all weekend :D

JamesM":32laylc8 said:
It seems like there is a low pressure over the UK almost all the time nowadays. If thats the case though surely all the air in the whole world would travel to this low, it seems that way with all this wind, and if thats the case how can the pressure still be low if we have all the air? :? :mrgreen: :facepalm:

I think this happens because a loop of the jetstream (very high altitude winds that circle the planet) has dropped down around the UK. This is quite unusual for the time of year and basically leads to wet weather. If it loops above us, the weather is sucked in from the southern continent which in the summer, is generally hot & dry.

its rained pretty much non stop almost 3 days and nights here in newcastle....and its still going strong :shock:

It gets better still! Halestones today!
I'm taking shelter under a tree but the dog ain't bothered.
When will the weather get better or is the week we had in march our summer for 2012...

03b47cd8.jpg

It's been rubbish.....I have never know it to be windy for so long, every single day it's windy here, been like it all year :shock:

Just be thankful that we've only got a bit of rain, hail or wind to worry about and nothing really serious.

When I need to invest in an Ark, or walk 10 miles each way for a drink of fresh water, then I'll start complaining about the weather.

Problem is it brings down the mood of th whole country. The economy suffers and it cod lead to to a right old rum do...

legrandefromage":1uk50qn2 said:
Problem is it brings down the mood of th whole country. The economy suffers and it cod lead to to a right old rum do...
I'm fairly convinced it's used as an excuse for the economy suffering.

As to the cod, they should take more water with it...

Neil":ddam8q89 said:
legrandefromage":ddam8q89 said:
I'm fairly convinced it's used as an excuse for the economy suffering.

As to the cod, they should take more water with it...

Damn tiny qwerty key pad!

I do think that the weather has a bearing on the general mood, in my experience, speaking as an engineer and dodging the ******* great hail stones

Retails sales are linked to the weather, and as soon as we get a prolonged hot spell you do see a lot more people out and about, or just sitting out.

It certainly depresses me having horrid weather.

Back