The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

For the film nerds, its interesting honest.

London in the 1950s from my late Father. Camera to the best of my knowledge was a Paxette rangefinder and film was Ilford colour. I remember this as he was never happy with the colour, he switched to Agfa. Some taken from the monument. Skyline is very different now, younger viewers look at the smog :oops:View attachment 692081View attachment 692082View attachment 692083View attachment 692084View attachment 692085View attachment 692086View attachment 692087View attachment 692088View attachment 692089View attachment 692090
Love love these - evocative almost and a freeze in time !
And really like the palette - almost like Kodachrome and with those popping green and reds!!

For the film nerds, its interesting honest.

Thanks! I’m going to have a read of this later
I’m unfamiliar with their history and especially in terms of their history in colour film - I have and do sometimes use ilford especially like FP4+ and Pan 50

Thanks! I’m going to have a read of this later
I’m unfamiliar with their history and especially in terms of their history in colour film - I have and do sometimes use ilford especially like FP4+ and Pan 50
All I've used is Ilford HP4/5 for b+w and Fujicolour, Reala, Kodachrome and Ektar? All in 35mm , never ventured into medium format. I had a neg and print scanner 20 odd years ago. Does anyone have any recommendations for a modern one?

All I've used is Ilford HP4/5 for b+w and Fujicolour, Reala, Kodachrome and Ektar? All in 35mm , never ventured into medium format. I had a neg and print scanner 20 odd years ago. Does anyone have any recommendations for a modern one?
Oh yes
Depends if you’re going to shoot 35mm and also E6.
If you’re going to try MF then you’ll need a flat bed as a quality yet economical option.
I’m more than happy to help with film scanner and dev and also labs
I’d go for an Epson V700/V750/V850 (I have the epson 4990 which is older yet similar to the V700).
For 35mm only I’d go for a Minolta Dimagescan Elite 5400

And if you venture into MF you could try a Yashica 124G 6x6 TLR

Oh yes
Depends if you’re going to shoot 35mm and also E6.
If you’re going to try MF then you’ll need a flat bed as a quality yet economical option.
I’m more than happy to help with film scanner and dev and also labs
I’d go for an Epson V700/V750/V850 (I have the epson 4990 which is older yet similar to the V700).
For 35mm only I’d go for a Minolta Dimagescan Elite 5400

And if you venture into MF you could try a Yashica 124G 6x6 TLR
Thanks mate, think I had better learn to walk before running and will stick with 35mm. Probably been 20 years since the Pentax ME super has had a roll through it, wow, where does time go?

Just had a look at the Minolta scanner :oops: Do I need to spend that much or are there cheaper options?
Oh you don’t have to spend that much -
You can go for the Dimage Scan Dual III or IV
Or the epson 4990 V700
Or Plustek 8100

As for MF - it’s as easy as 35mm - I was a bit apprehensive until I tried it
Easiest one was the Fuji GA645 which was like a big electronic point and shoot

Back