The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

Bottom is a comparison - Far more dynamic range in the phone shot but even with tweaking lacks the depth and character of the 18 year old camera shots

Classic selection!!! Jenaflex!!! I have a pentacon M42 lens

Thanks, I used to use Fuji 400 and Reala as the grain was fine like 200. Ilford HP5 b&W for me. The Practika I have was my late Fathers. He took pics of me at a few hours old. I used the same camera to do the same with my son with HP5. Optically the Jenaflex was good with a tendency to over expose. How is the Pentacon?

Thanks, I used to use Fuji 400 and Reala as the grain was fine like 200. Ilford HP5 b&W for me. The Practika I have was my late Fathers. He took pics of me at a few hours old. I used the same camera to do the same with my son with HP5. Optically the Jenaflex was good with a tendency to over expose. How is the Pentacon?
Thanks! I loved Reala - it was my favourite film before I switched to slide film! Here’s a couple of scans from prints of Reala - EF6F0077-E646-422C-8CBD-D4930F1C7443.jpeg 27DDDCC8-95C5-40D6-B3F9-3EA6C34DA915.jpeg
I’d love to see some of your Reala and HP5 photos - B&W I tried most but settled on Rollei Retro 80s and 400s for 35mm - but for MF Ilford Pan 50 is very special.
The Pentacon I bought as a portrait lens for the DSLR and for 35mm (I’ve a Contax RTS Ii) it’s not sharp but has a lot of character and nice bokkeh - the Helios 44-2 is also nice (both are very good with video as can be adjusted step less aperture) CA5BBEC8-FE1A-449B-A514-E3E3A14775E0.jpeg 6B2639C6-F518-4ABC-9741-1285E1E3694E.jpeg

B&W, I ran series 1 603's for 18 years fantastic loudspeaker. I think you are far in front of me in knowledge :oops: I got frustrated with point and squirt. So I read a bit and my Dad helped. All of the Reala and HP5 is on prints. I love the colour you get on a slide, just not user friendly. I like holding a print. I guess I'm old fashioned, as my wife will surely agree.

B&W, I ran series 1 603's for 18 years fantastic loudspeaker. I think you are far in front of me in knowledge :oops: I got frustrated with point and squirt. So I read a bit and my Dad helped. All of the Reala and HP5 is on prints. I love the colour you get on a slide, just not user friendly. I like holding a print. I guess I'm old fashioned, as my wife will surely agree.
Haha!!! You spotted the yellow cone! These are 601 s2 I bought in 2000 from Tottenham court road ! Still as perfect as they were then - I couldn’t afford the 603s! I remember I bought a TEAC reference 300 amp with them. A few years ago I bought the teac Ref AH500 for £100 - they used to cost a bomb on those days - so have that hooked up.
Back in 2006 I bought a decent film scanner (which I still have) and found that is great for slides.

Back