The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

Was thinking about expanding to include Urban Camping, nearly got in a fist fight with a mentally unstable ex convict and his pitbull over these shots View attachment 869386
I was standing in a parking lot, checking out the sweet site that someone had layed out in a tiny greenspace wedged in the among asphalt. Was being obvious, no sneaking, approximately 11am, tradespeople about. The owner came out from his house, and we had a little chat. I explained about the photo series, that I liked to illustrate the Canadian people's dedication to the outdoors, regardless of the situation. Mentioned that I loved the juxtaposition of modern urban life with classic camp equipment, talked about the camper in my driveway, and the urban canoe in my life. He was a lovely gent in his 70s, we had much in common, he'd been in town all his life as well, we had several past employers in common, he told me a bit of history of the area. The whole time, a loud dog is barking angrily at us from his house. Then, the son starts barking too.
"What the *** is going on? Why is that *** taking *** pictures of our house?!"
"Shut the *** up! It's ok son, he's alright! "
Aside, to me, he says, "pay no attention to him, he's manic and bipolar. And he's pretty drunk"
Meanwhile, the shouting intensifies
"You don't know me! You have no *** right to watch me!"
I tried to calm him down a bit.
"I was just talking about the lovely campsite you have with your father. He's given me permission to take a few pictures."
"WHAT KIND OF A WEIRDO TAKES PICTURES IF OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF?! I'M COMING DOWN THERE WITH MY DOG ! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I JUST SPENT TWN YEARS AT INNES! (Big city maximum security prison, now I'm starting to get a little nervous) YOU BETTER DELETE THE PICTURES!! I CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING!"
Dad is sincerely apologetic, but getting anxious, so I decide to "delete" the photos and be on my way. Anyhow, craftier than a drunk unstable and his dog, here's the shots from my delete folder. View attachment 869385
After that stressful story here is something much nicer :)
DSC01215.JPG

Was thinking about expanding to include Urban Camping, nearly got in a fist fight with a mentally unstable ex convict and his pitbull over these shots View attachment 869386
I was standing in a parking lot, checking out the sweet site that someone had layed out in a tiny greenspace wedged in the among asphalt. Was being obvious, no sneaking, approximately 11am, tradespeople about. The owner came out from his house, and we had a little chat. I explained about the photo series, that I liked to illustrate the Canadian people's dedication to the outdoors, regardless of the situation. Mentioned that I loved the juxtaposition of modern urban life with classic camp equipment, talked about the camper in my driveway, and the urban canoe in my life. He was a lovely gent in his 70s, we had much in common, he'd been in town all his life as well, we had several past employers in common, he told me a bit of history of the area. The whole time, a loud dog is barking angrily at us from his house. Then, the son starts barking too.
"What the *** is going on? Why is that *** taking *** pictures of our house?!"
"Shut the *** up! It's ok son, he's alright! "
Aside, to me, he says, "pay no attention to him, he's manic and bipolar. And he's pretty drunk"
Meanwhile, the shouting intensifies
"You don't know me! You have no *** right to watch me!"
I tried to calm him down a bit.
"I was just talking about the lovely campsite you have with your father. He's given me permission to take a few pictures."
"WHAT KIND OF A WEIRDO TAKES PICTURES IF OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF?! I'M COMING DOWN THERE WITH MY DOG ! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I JUST SPENT TWN YEARS AT INNES! (Big city maximum security prison, now I'm starting to get a little nervous) YOU BETTER DELETE THE PICTURES!! I CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING!"
Dad is sincerely apologetic, but getting anxious, so I decide to "delete" the photos and be on my way. Anyhow, craftier than a drunk unstable and his dog, here's the shots from my delete folder. View attachment 869385
If you could have got them sitting on the bench drinking beers, you’d have been well on the way to a Martin Parr style image.

Latest posts

Back