The ultimate Q car?

I absolutely agree! in BHP / £ it's an amazing car, strong, swift and a fantastic thing to cover huge distances effortlessly.

It just needs to be handled with care and you need to be aware of its limitations - certainly it does not tolerate carelessness or rough treatment.

The Aero has rose joints and sits 40mm lower which must improve things a lot.

captain8track":z24hikyj said:
Learn to drive before dishing out on the 9000...

I had a 900 Aero -88 with 275 horsepowers from the 2litre engine, sure it has some wheelspin but, that's just part of the fun, I've driven 9000's with near 400hk and they are still driveable, and fast as hell...

You have to remember that although Front Wheel Drive the 'classic' 900 Aero has the engine mounted north south. This allows the driveshafts to be an equal length compared to a horizontal layout (and therefore one short and one long driveshaft). Equal length shafts are much less prone to causing torque steer in high power applications. You will still get wheelspin but cornering and acceleration will be smoother due to a lack of the dreaded torquesteer.

re: aero

the handling is much better on the aeros.

But can be easily altered on the ordinary model, just a set of springs and perhaps shocks and u can make into a turn machine.-)

But spending a lot money on a car is a bit dumb anyways when everybody know's that the bmw M5 is the ultimate Q car or the new Jag, but then u have to live with being a Jag owner as stated by jeremy clarkson last night...

My old 90-V8 CSW was a bit of a 'Q-car', nobody expects a 'brick on wheels' to accelerate like it did :LOL:
It scared quite a few drivers in its day :LOL:
(&, ohh!, the noise!)

chris667":2s13gjhq said:
I know of someone who is trying to build the fastest mini ever.
So far, he's spent £13,000 on the engine. :shock:
If it were mine, I'd have a badge on the back that says "850 Automatic".
I take he knows about 'ZCars'???
http://www.zcars.org.uk/index.htm

Defiant":2s13gjhq said:
Who remembers the Nissan Sunny GTI-R ?
Or the Toyota Corolla 16V? (the rear-wheel drive version)

legrandefromage":2s13gjhq said:
The Holden isnt, is just built that way, you cant go and buy a diesel model or a 2.0 'sport' model.
Just realized - Rover 75 V8, now theres a bit of a Q car.
You can get smaller engined Holdens on 'the home market' (a miserly 3.6litre V6!!)
The Rover utilised a Ford (Mustang) 4.6 V8.

legrandefromage":2s13gjhq said:
Volvo T5 estate! The ultimate 90's Q car?

Do you remember when they first started using it for British Touring Car racing, & people laughed at them
Then they started winning.................. and even put a stuffed Labrador in the back at some races :LOL:

How about the first Octavia vRS?, a lot of people still had the wrong ( & out of date) view about Skoda, then the vRS started 'blowing doors off'

re:

well the volvo was pretty good to as a normal version. Had one last year a T5 not an R but it was a bit lowered and it handled really good, had some problems with the turbo so I sold it. But I would consider getting another one in darkblue and a beige leather interior

Wouldn't get a Skoda, ever. Doesn't matter how many r stickers they got, theyre still rubbish.

Re: re:

captain8track":620yr1gr said:
Wouldn't get a Skoda, ever. Doesn't matter how many r stickers they got, theyre still rubbish.

We had a Fabia estate for 4 years & 30,000miles, with not a single fault

After all, the mechanicals are basically 'Volkswagon Audi Group' now, & that (original) vRS engine was well proven in various Golfs/ Passats, Audis, Seats,etc.....

Quality wise, everyone I've sat/been in rivals a VW, just not paying for the badge-engineering!

RichT":2ir87tct said:
captain8track":2ir87tct said:

We had a Fabia estate for 4 years & 30,000miles, with not a single fault

After all, the mechanicals are basically 'Volkswagon Audi Group' now, & that (original) vRS engine was well proven in various Golfs/ Passats, Audis, Seats,etc.....

Quality wise, everyone I've sat/been in rivals a VW, just not paying for the badge-engineering!

I ran a skoda fabia TDI company car.

Really reliable, til the gearbox broke. Lunching the clutch/flywheel too.

And driving one makes you look tight

the thing is, expectation is low as its not a premium product. Its reliability is relative.

Your BMW breaks down = song and dance about it as its a BMW, and should never break down!

Your Skoda breaks down = well, good, because it didnt for 40000 miles beforehand

See??

fingers":1j266jdc said:
And driving one makes you look tight

the thing is, expectation is low as its not a premium product. Its reliability is relative.
Your BMW breaks down = song and dance about it as its a BMW, and should never break down!

In total contrast to this, I'd never buy a B*W!

I once drove a X5 about 200yards :evil: , then I was so glad to get out of it
I felt dirty & wiped my feet after getting out, & hoped no-one thought I was a drug-dealer, a rapper, or even worse........ a f**tballer!

Even nowadays, what does a B*W say about you?, other than................. I can't say it on here :roll:

Back