The showing off thread

When I sat my first year of A levels (AS-Level) in maths we were given O-Level papers as practice. We had spent most of the first term of 6th form catching up on the gap between the end of GSCE and the start of A-Level's where as the old O-level was much tougher.
This was 15years ago before they messed with A-Levels too.
I don't believe they are a walk in the park today, but certainly they were tougher in the past.

Easy_Rider":28yfpkkg said:
When I sat my first year of A levels (AS-Level) in maths we were given O-Level papers as practice. We had spent most of the first term of 6th form catching up on the gap between the end of GSCE and the start of A-Level's where as the old O-level was much tougher.
This was 15years ago before they messed with A-Levels too.
I don't believe they are a walk in the park today, but certainly they were tougher in the past.
Attitudes have changed too; thirty years ago, to be seen to be working hard for your A levels was almost considered cheating! :LOL:

legrandefromage":1hj5e2ai said:
Dr.Robotnik":1hj5e2ai said:
Hahaha. Awesome.

What's the story behind the stereo cheese? Did you buy it all new? Was it as good as £100,000 should be?

It ran hot enough to warm the house. Sound was detailed but not what you'd expect. It can only sound as good as the source material, a badly mastered CD or DVD will never sound good.

And I didnt buy new but I was the genuine owner. The amps and speakers had their own purpose built wooden crates for shipping.

I can't hear that sort of detail, but it's nice to know others can. A cool thing to own for sure.

Love the batmobile Pat.

Tazio":1i8ru6ii said:
I've got a mate called John Thomas and he's around 5'7".

Bizarrely that's true, what the hell were his parents thinking?

My initials spell JEW and my sisters spell ARSE. :LOL:

I passed my driving test first time.

I got in to the Fire Service first time I tried.

I have saved a few people's lives. :cool:

Back