The Rarest of rare?

Re:

Appreciate this isnt up there with the likes of the Ibis or some of the others, but the Dave Yates is pretty scarce, a Reynolds 653R (road tubeset) fabricated into possibly the lightest estay i have picked up.

The always over looked (because it was white) White Spider which hung un decaled in the Frame shop for a decade or two, used Reynolds 753R and was essentially the same frame that Baker and Gould won the worlds on, built up with XT rather than Campag. Predated the use of Tange Prestige and the use of Shimanos re-invention, the U-Brake.

The earliest Zinn to the Last of the Z-753. (not sure if these qualify these days).

Attachments

• IMG_1192 (2).jpg
    IMG_1192 (2).jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 489
Re:

Photo0431_zpsbr2vyqro.jpg

Now finished , not to original prec , but boy what a point and shoot bike and fast ( that last bit could be just my age ) Happy New Year to you all and keep riding .

Re:

Some lovely metal on this page. I assume it's a Yates fork on the e-stay? That in itself also looks pretty special.

Loving the NukeProof...clean lines, but boy is there some stuff going on inside:

All the best,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 14.57.29.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 14.57.29.png
    60 KB · Views: 323
Re:

Cheers Fellas, and a happy new year to you all.

The forks are lovely, fillet brazed supplied with the frame from DY, and about half the weight of an accutrax fork at a guess.

The one piece handle bar and stem was fabricated by Dan (above), its the finishing touch for me.

(Sorry for the crap pic, this was the only one i had to hand, and it has a load of wood in the pic, ready to be used to build the space for the bikes in the first picture.. :oops: )

Attachments

• P1020255.jpg
    P1020255.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 260
Back