The Rarest of rare?

Very old rigid mtb 26er fork with U-brake mounts, probably not rare at all but I've never seen another outside the world of BMX. All rigid forks i've seen and that number is huge have had canti mounts or no mounts or disc mounts. I suspect there was a very good reason such as poor mud clearance for the fact I've never seen another :roll:

velomaniac":25hf00r2 said:
Very old rigid mtb 26er fork with U-brake mounts, probably not rare at all but I've never seen another outside the world of BMX. All rigid forks i've seen and that number is huge have had canti mounts or no mounts or disc mounts. I suspect there was a very good reason such as poor mud clearance for the fact I've never seen another :roll:

There was a set in Rik's :)

New (still has backing) Sunn frame logo badge. The squidgy one. (Otherwise known as rocking horse s***). Will post ptoto soon. If anyone knows where to get them repoduced......

Raymond_mole":19t9scuj said:
I haven't seen many of these around

RC50 hub set C1991

I turned down a set of those built into wheels when I bought my '95 FSR as I didn't need any more wheels at the time.

Not that rare, but probably the rarest thing I do have is a boxed NOS SunTour XC-Pro SL bottom bracket, the version with alloy cups. Also have two of the 1-1/8" headsets NOS but no boxes.

Dyna-Tech Ti shop-display forks

I think these are the 'rarest' (and most unusual) items I own. I acquired these off EBay with the intention of using them on my MT5 build but decided, after many suggestions from fellow Retro-bikers, not to use them and to retain them as a curio.

Whilst having a chat with the owner of my local bike shop it turns-out he used to be a mechanic at a Raleigh 5-Star dealer back in the 1990s and he remembers these forks being sent-out to the dealerships. He did say that, at the time, Raleigh suggested that they be used for 'display only' as they couldn't guarantee that they would be structurally-sound for riding. So, now I have kept them as a piece of history and have Dyna-Max forks fitted to the MT5.

Attachments

• fork_steerer_dropout_text.jpg
    fork_steerer_dropout_text.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,970
  • canti_text.jpg
    canti_text.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,969
  • bulge_fork_crown.jpg
    bulge_fork_crown.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,969
  • dyna_ti_forks.jpg
    dyna_ti_forks.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,970
posh26":3219z8gb said:
1991 Monolith Rebound suspensions fork: Dual blades, dual crowns and a spring/damper mounted in front of the head tube. Price was $450 for 1.75" travel :shock: and the best thing is....look at my signiture ;)

Still for sale? I am interested...

What on earth does a Nads Twister do lol

mus%20020.jpg

I'm in love

mus%20024.jpg

Only have rare but not that old. Possibly the only one outside the US BCD 2x4

2x4-pic2.bmp

Actually, given that I can't find any reference to them on-line, let alone any pictures, I'm beginning to wonder how rare my 1999-2000-ish Ritchey V-brakes are? And can I find my second pair? Can I b*ggery...

Back