The Pros Closet is going out of business

I can't stand anyone who uses the word 'Fenders' for mudguards. I was a student in Paris in '98 for three quarters of a year, there was an American kid there going round all the bike shops hoovering up anything with any vintage to it. Could've been Pro Closet related, I know they had a tremendous stock of European vintage parts. He wasn't well liked.

Fenders are guitars mate, Stratocasters and Telecasters, and that's it!

My bug bear with Radavist (so perhaps I should not put this on TPC shoulders 🤔 ) is not related to MTB.

It's related to glancing over history and former technological leadership in the Randonneur movement when clearly it's a significant contributor to the bike packing and adventure cycling. A few aesthetics from the 50s have been copied by some and apparently this is all new. While I get everyone does have opinions, I find a disparity of plugging the new cash cow rather than presenting the real deal.

https://theradavist.com/gemini-world-randonneur/

So much of that stuff is copies of TA, Stronglight, Mafac, Simplex, but hey ..... who's interested in that, especially if not mentioned. I see it fairly regular and it grates me.
Unfortunately History isn't sending them freebies from the past to endorse.

I asked a friend/ mtb magazine editor about the correlation between test bikes (they got to keep or give to their mates) and full page advertising, versus subject matter and editorial opinion...
There was a stony silence.

The smell of money taints opinion - but then that's how it works, right? You're just not meant to menon it.

Latest posts

Back