The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI There,
I'm brand new to all this, but hoping to start getting involved in bike restoration and any words of advice would be very much appreciated! I have recently acquired this 'Halfords Competitor Mk5' retro racing bike and to be honest I don't even know where to start- I brought it to a place called Evans cycles down the road-they were excited by the bike, telling me it was a rare find-I wonder if anyone on here knows anything more about this model as I haven't been able to find much online at all!
Any Info at all would be great!
Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 364
Any one know the worth of a 1990 or 91 KHS Montana Descent might be. I good shape and has suntour X-1 components.

Thx
Thunderchild

It would seem there is no longer demand for complete bikes unless they are obscure and American then they are worth thousands
If on the other hand yours is outside this category it is worth only the sum of its parts or alternatively £150 - £200

Fair point that. Lots of nice complete bimes selling for peanuts here and on ebay and lots unsold at higher prices.

Id have said about £150 for the khs. Nice as it is its not boutique nor high end and not cool mainstream either despite them being very nice.

I have an Orange Prestige frame that is surplus to requirements, the frame has had the down tube replaced and has been re-sprayed, the condition is OK, I have touched up the paint chips with some nail varnish.
I have posted a picture of the complete bike for your perusal. I am trying to find the value of the frame and forks with a STX headset.

Attachments

• Orange pretige.jpg
    Orange pretige.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 321
Good question, I will attemp to find out soon, but the frame is very lightweight and the replacent tube has a nice ring to it!

Hi I've got a 1993 Kona Fire Mountain, owned from new. Had a major overhaul 4 years ago including full strip and paint. she's been my daily commuter for a couple of years and has the following fitted.
OEM equipment : Frame, Project Two forks, alivio rear mech
Back in the day bits: Girvin Flexstem, Dave's Chain Device (DCD) , tektro cantis with matching brake boosters, Araya rims.
Modern bits: lizard skins lock ons, shimano Revo shifters, charge hi riser bar, FSA 48-36-28 crank set, Avid brake levers, all new cables, Whyte saddle, Cane creek thud buster seatpost (this will be sold separately) I'll fit a standard seat post.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Screenshot_2013-10-13-00-04-26-1_zps91a1da74.png

These shifter/levers which I think are 90/91 LX?

Mcwhyt":3hpyx78q said:
Hi I've got a 1993 Kona Fire Mountain, owned from new. Had a major overhaul 4 years ago including full strip and paint. she's been my daily commuter for a couple of years and has the following fitted.
OEM equipment : Frame, Project Two forks, alivio rear mech
Back in the day bits: Girvin Flexstem, Dave's Chain Device (DCD) , tektro cantis with matching brake boosters, Araya rims.
Modern bits: lizard skins lock ons, shimano Revo shifters, charge hi riser bar, FSA 48-36-28 crank set, Avid brake levers, all new cables, Whyte saddle, Cane creek thud buster seatpost (this will be sold separately) I'll fit a standard seat post.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

£120-140.

Value is nearly all in the frame and forks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back