The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LUBO78":3am8fxzb said:
Thinking of selling my diamondback vertex WCF. All original. Owned it from new in good nick. Try and sell or keep it? value? like this one-

Unfortunately not a huge value. Need a pic of yours to give more accurate valuation, but somewhere between £100-175 I'd say.

Re: How much is my perfect spooky bandwagon worth?

d8mok":12uao92g said:
Hi, thanks for the reply. I've seen a few sell but they never seem of comparable spec and condition. If its less than £1k I'd keep it but I've no idea

I've seen a few of the blue ones with lovely builds go for a lot less. The one on here was £600 and had no takers. In all honesty I doubt you would get much half of what you are after, unless I am completely wrong.

If you like it that much and it is worth that much to you, I would hold onto it.

Good luck if you do sell though.

grogee":1o9twtnf said:
OK folks, need a bit of help with this one. 1993 (I think) Giant Cadex.

My mate has offered me £200 for this, which I think I'll accept by changing:

bars for straight bars
7 spd lx shifters
std 5-arm Shimano chainset
Araya wheels
non-amberwall tyres

Do you think this is OK value for him and me or am I way off the mark?

About right with the changes, maybe a bit high. I would say about £150 maybe more as the forks look in good nick and are easy to sell on their own if wanted to recoup some cash.

corider":1ul4prth said:
Hi
Please help with a value... details are:
Univega Alpina Comp 1993
Size medium / 18 inch frame, black.
In great original condition.
This bike is regularly used in the lakes and just been to Holland.
1 owner - I bought this bike new in 1993 and have taken good care of it.
Mostly original (unless stated):
Steel Chromoly double butted tubing.
Marzochi Bomber 03 suspension forks (added in late 90's and work superbly, do not have originals).
21speed Shimano drive train.
Deore XT rear mech (will supply the original SunTour mech - changed late 90's, think it's ok but cannot be sure).
Deore DX brakes and shifters.
Front brake changed late 90's to Deore v-brake (original centre pull will be supplied).
Concept seat post, stem, bars & bar ends.
Vetta saddle.
Mavic M231 26" rims on Shimano hubs.
Many thanks!

Univega, like easrly saracen's are undervalued for the bike you get. I think you'd get about £100 even with the XT. Great bike for the money, but they rarely sell high.

ededwards":2pe7pjwo said:
TheWookie":2pe7pjwo said:
I am thinking about selling a 1990/91 kona hei hei titanium which I have owned since new. They seem to go for good money what would be a fair price to sell it?

Got any more details? Pics? Size?

Frames usually go for £600 plus. So full build if good condition, £800+ depending on condition etc.

I imagine the earlier models arent as valuable as the later, but I may be wrong. Certainly the 1997 version always go high on here.

Here's a 1994:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=264353&hilit=hei+hei

Ouchkerbibble":1ifcznpr said:
Good afternoon...Hope I have posted this in the right place :)

I have an Proflex XP8 (you know the one elastomer shocks over oil dampers) and like so many of this design it seems I cant get the elastomers anywhere. I thought about modifying the suspension with more modern springs but I am reluctant to do anything to the bike that will detract from its ridiculous mint condition. It has only been used for one week in the lake district in 1998 and has hung on the garage wall in our home since 2000

I would like to use it again or sell it but, again I have little idea what it is worth.

Any advice please

Frame only or as bike? Pictures?

Assuming you are replacing elastomer because it is shot, then £50 or so frame only. If the rest of the frame is super mint, maybe £60-70.

LUBO78 wrote:
Thinking of selling my diamondback vertex WCF. All original. Owned it from new in good nick. Try and sell or keep it? value? like this one-

Unfortunately not a huge value. Need a pic of yours to give more accurate valuation, but somewhere between £100-175 I'd say.

Really? for such a rare, excellent ride! :shock: I may keep it but thinking of running it rigid. Any sell on value in the forks?

cheers kev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back