The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

yes its mad how record deck prices have gone. its a lovely bit of kit and well regarded so that will fly out the door if you put it on feebay. i wish i still had my record collection that i pretty much gave away when i committed to cds. at the end of the day though the record deck lust at present is more about nostalgia and having nice finely engineered shiny things. the sonic capabilities have been thoroughly surpassed and will continue to get left well behind. at some point the the hifi brigade will have to admit defeat again and record decks will be a thing of the past again! ha!

I won a Sondek a couple of years ago for little over £200. Told the seller I thought it would have gone for more and he sheepishly agreed BUT it aint got no Ittock, just a Basik LV2. Still sounds jolly good though and a big improvement on my earlier Pioneer and Dual decks =D

Tannoys up for sale, as can't get full use of them. A bit reluctant. A fair price £600? Offers welcome, known they are rare

Re:

Just come across an ad on my local Faceache selling pages for a pair of 1960's Richard Allen Chaconne speakers £30. Anyone ever heard of them and are they any good :?:

Re:

Not had any HiFi as such for years. Dusted off my Rega deck and bought a Rega io on a bit of a whim! What eBay speakers should I be looking out for, short term, doubtless long term solution! :LOL:

Re:

These ones, so you have a full house :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rega-Jura-Lo ... SwkCRe-4mu

Although choice depends on so many factors. Type of music, room size etc etc etc which I'm sure you know already.

Only Rega kit I've owned was the original Planet CD player - looked ace and had funky manually operated top loader, but always left me a bit wanting. Swapped it for a Micromega Stage 3 and the difference was very noticeable - all instruments sounded much further apart and more "audible" if that makes sense. Currently happy with Linn Keilidhs (acoustic) and/or Mission 753s (lound rock, well anything loud really) in most circumstances.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Hi all,

my current cd player is refusing to play selected cd's which is annoying :evil: . The rest of my components are mid 90's and British, so I was wondering if anyone here has a suitably retro replacement in nice condition and working order going spare?.

Cheers Matt

Latest posts

Back