The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

HELP!!!

any old-school cd player laser experts out there.........??

bought a new laser for my lovely copper-clad Pioneer PD-95 (circa 1994)

managed to fit it ok, but now i can only get it to play one disc....... :oops:

anyone able to offer any help on set-up?

i've been adjusting pots 3, 4 and 9

have posted pics of what the pots do and where they are

i guess this should be plugged in to an oscilloscope and set-up, but even if i had one, i would have no clue what to do with it!!

cheers,

mike

Attachments

• 95b.jpg
    95b.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4,700
  • 95a.jpg
    95a.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4,700
focus twiddling should help. Knowing what thousands of CD players 'sound like' when spinning up, I play it by ear to get it right.

Re:

morning your cheesyness, I've been tweaking and tweaking, I can get my Tunng CD to play perfectly, but it won't play ANYTHING else!! it's driving me mad, such a shame! the new laser cost £250 and i reckoned it would be a new lease of life for the next 20 years, seems i underestimated my own abilities/knowledge :oops:

So I have recently bought the much-lauded Arcam iRDAC to consolidate the various DACs I've been using. This is a brand spanking new £400 piece of kit that's being lauded all over the hi-fi press

So how does it compare to my main music-listening DAC, a meridian 263? it isn't as musical, it has better timing. Overall, the gap is pretty small and if I don't listen to the meridian I don't really feel much difference. Progress just ain't what it used to be eh? It's staying because it's so much more practical though. It also knocks my audio alchemy DDE into next week.

Latest posts

Back