The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff and sales: Amps amps amps!!!

Grey 44 is sold, the 606 is sold

the beige 44 is off to be repaired and the 405-2 is available.

Re:

Hi y'all

Any interest in the following before I send it to auction-site misery?

Naim NAIT3 integrated amplifier, 30W of British loveliness with the Naim MM cartridge boards fitted and a little DIN-to-phono adapter I got from Russ Andrews. Looking for £250

Naim CD1, comes with a new puck and the remote. Very little use! Also looking for £250, if anyone is tempted by the CD player and the amplifier I'll throw in a SNAIC interconnect and some speaker cables.

HRT Music Streamer II asynchronous USB digital-to-analogue converter, boxed, £100

Arcam rDAC. As new, with all the kit in the box. The USB wireless adapter is also included, still factory sealed. Unsure of £££, I need to research the price of this...

Musical Fidelity X-Can2 headphone amplifier, funky cylindrical design with a pair of valves inside. A hundred quid.

I also have:
- a pair of boxed Sennheiser HD598 headphones
- a pair of boxed Grado SR60i (might not be able to part with these tho).

Re:

I need to refoam a pair of Acoustic Research speakers.........any advice on where best to get foam kit for bass and mid range drivers?

ebay most likely. there seems to be kits for pretty much every speaker going.

Re:

Oakie doakie - will have a gander. Tis a shame as they are otherwise pristine.

On the plus side the seller (Gumtree) didn't know how to get grilles off despite owning the speakers since new and I didn't have time to suss them out as it was a quick lunchtime purchase, so he's giving full refund and told me to keep speakers :D

The brief demo sounded ok but when I got them home Cara Dillon blew the rubbers at moderate vol :p

like these....

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... _research/

Nowt too fancy but they'll do quite nicely

If the rubber surrounds have gone, theres something wrong! If its foam surrounds that have perished - that is completely normal for every AR speaker ever produced, ever ever ever.

Back