The no more then a £100 to complete the kona challenge

Strugglecuddle7

Dirt Disciple
This old thing came back to me and after being bitten by the retro bike bug, i decided to invest as little as i can to get it riding nicely! Oh and make it look nicer
She came back to me as a frame and a set of rock shox judys that work but are ruff! No idea of the age of them but they do have dampening, but very squelchy.
Now i already had a few parts left over from upgrading my old trailstar 2 and thought sod it, ive never owned a full squisher so lets get her working again.

Parts i had -

Boardman double lock grips
shimano saint pd-mx80 pedals
shimano slx m675 front brake
new maxis high roller super tacky tyres
Seat post and seat went missing off a bike that was donated to africa (i did donate my partners old bike as i was loosing sleep over it)

parts ive purchased -

Fsa the pig headset - £15
Brand x 60 mm stem - £10
Iridiam 720mm wide bars -£8
Mavic ds2 xc rims with 160mm centrelock discs - £10
Marzocchi bomber rlo 22 forks - £5 (missing the lockout and dampening cartridge!)

I have ordered a narrowwide chainring and bolts from china

I did have to get the guru from work to get the hubs to fit the forks properly as the hubs were missing bits, but for £10 who cares! the rear might need a little trueing

i will update this thread as it progresses

Attachments

• rsz_img-20190121-wa0007[628].jpg
    rsz_img-20190121-wa0007[628].jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 521
Re:

Heres what she looks like with all the bits ive purchased so fare on

Running total so far is £48 just waiting for the narrowide to arrive and ill add it to the total

Attachments

• rsz_img_20190128_132624.jpg
    rsz_img_20190128_132624.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 519
Bargain! You should still be able to get the matching SLX brake for the rear and come in under £100.
My Dawg (it is a bit later and uses the Scandium frame) rides well for the trails, it's really confidence inspiring and playful, I think this will be just as good..

Carl.

Re: kona

Well I had a route around in the parts bin at work and got a few bits for free! A Clarke's M2 rear hydraulic brake, and a new SRAM 9 speed derailleur as I'm going 1x9 I'll attach some pics later but I am on the hunt for a matching slx brake and and a maybe a new set of shocks if I like it

Back