The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening All!

Joined a couple of weeks ago and finally got round to saying hello.

My name's Steve and I'm 31. Been mountain biking since about 1990 and my first proper bike was a 1992 GT Zaskar

I've currently got a few retro rides:
1992 GT Zaskar - nearly original, trying to put it back as it once was
1992 GT Bravado - totally mint and original
1992 Cannonadale M500 - in need of some TLC but still nice
!995ish Marin Bobcat Trail - pretty ropey to be honest

And a much newer 2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Elite FSR

Great site here with loads of stuff I need to buy!!

Hello all.

I've been registered for two years (asked some questions about my road bike)

just got my first EVER mountain bike. Marin Palisades Trail. looking to make some subtle tweaks and then ride it regularly.

My other bikes are;

Trek 470 road bike (mid 90's steel)
Hand Built Dave Russell built up as fixed gear (light as a feather steel)

I'm in Halifax, West Yorkshire

Also looking for a modern mtb if anyone's selling - ideally hardtail with decent forks 100mm - 120mm 18" or 19" (got about 500 to spend) Orange ideally due to hometown links.

:D Welcome One Welcome All

Now get posting.....anything will do to get you started.

For instance,
topic subject.- avoiding naked Americans #Pt 1 [In the swamp]

Hi all!

Greetings from Sweden! I'm an old fart, soon to turn 36 and used to ride a lot in my younger years, a bit of competition and so on.

I've recently sold my XC steed, and trying to get my DH / Freeride kit going. It's an old, first generation Mountain Cycle San Andreas, originaly R8.4, but upgraded to R8.6. Modified shockmount at the swing to get in a Marzocchi DH shock, I've got a Risse airdamper and the original elastomer one to.

The fork is some kind of Rock Shox, I've forgotten what model... XTR gears, Mountain Cycle Pro-Stop modified with magura hydralic levers and so on...

Nice to be here though, and I hope I can find some parts I'm missing...

Best regards / Thomas

Just a brief introduction.....I'm a 38 year old crazy fool from the Midlands who's just discovered he actually likes 'old skool' hardtail mountain bikes, even though BITD I didn't.

Anyway, after developing a fast car habit I got into road biking and bought a lovely 2006 Lemond Buenos Aires which has had a few subtle Dura Ace upgrades, in the last month I picked up a Bear Valley SE and one of those Bankrupt Saracen frames for the local Starbucks trips.

Hey retro kids.

Been lurking for a while and decided to join, greetings from Sunny Brisbane, Australia.

I found this place while trying to research a recent purchase a circa 1996 (as far as I can tell) Norco Team Issue in Reynolds 853 that has since become my favorite dirt ride.

I remember reading UK mags in the 90’s and drooling over the bikes you guys have lovingly rebuilt on here, old school is cool! I’ll post a pic and details of the Dorco up somewhere.

Again a long time lurker...

I joined after I dug out from parents garage my Kona A'Ha cruiser that was the last remaining item from my old mountain biking days.

First back in 1991 aged 11 was a Raleigh Marauder, then came a 94 Kona Lava Dome that I saved really hard for. Shortly after I saved even harder and got a 95 Kona Explosif frame with Judy SL forks. I also picked up the A'ha the same year for getting to college etc on.

I rode that bike a lot and by 96 it had XT V brakes, Middleburns, Hope hubs etc and was pretty much my dream bike at the time. By 98 I had got really into BMX and that was that. Sold the Explosif at the Malverns festival in 98.

Recently stumbled up a 2005 Cinder Cone on ebay and bought it as it was cheap with decent spec and after two years of riding it and lurking here I'm now planning to build a rep of my 95 Explosif.

Hello I guess I should join the party :D
My names Ian I'm 33 and I'm trying to recapture my teens by restoring my 89 Raleigh team replica. I found the site like most other while trying to find out info on said Raleigh. I've been racing for a local road club for about 10 years but have grown a bit bored of dodging potholes and want to get dirty again :D
Now all I have to do is restore my limited edition Reynolds 531 framed team rep :D with a few upgrades ;) Now I'm off to see my bank manager LOL

Hello

Yet another newbie who should have joined a long time ago..... Kind of decided this was more my place when other forums are full of wiffle about freeriding 5' drops onto flat blah blah blah.

First MTB was a Saracen Ltd Edition in 1989 complete with Biopace, 18 speeds and chainstay U-brake.

Still got its replacement 1990 Kili-Flyer (well used and modded with brazed in stainless ss track dropouts), a slightly unknown Muddy Fox (1989 I think - maybe a Sorcerer) and a 97 Cannondale Tandem soon to appear in the classifieds. Mrs has a much loved 1995 Parkpre Pro-Elite from her racing days which deserves a repro set of stickers sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back