The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to be part of your forum. I just like old Mountainbikes, and believe I belong here. Never owned or worked in a shop but always work on my own rides, raced, but never more than middle of the pack Sport class, had some nice mid level steeds over the years and one or two nicer ones. Enjoy reading most all you have to say here and look forward to meeting a few of you.
Live in the Pacific Northwest corner of USA.

Cheers, T

Hi!

Hi!

I'm James and I found your website whilst looking for a retro MTB frame. My old full suspension MTB runaround is shot - the bearings and the swing arm is worn out after many years of kerb-hopping in England and France!
I love building bikes, I have just finished building a decent hardtail MTB for the weekends, forest trails and longer runs.
Although looking at your site I could easily see myself getting my hands dirty reviving a retro MTB or two - it looks more rewarding than having the parts pristine in fancy boxes just to bolt together. - There looks to be real skill in this...
Anyways - I may be on the forums soon asking about a retro frame if I can't stop this old one from wobbling!

Cheers!

Hi everyone.
I'm Karl, a bicycle fanatic from France aged 42.
I mostly ride offroad since ever, because I hate "sharing" paved roads with cars (danger, fumes) but also and mainly because bombing downhill a curvy singletrack among the trees is one of the most thrilling things I know.
I bought my first proper mountain bike in the late 80's and went down the usual path, hardtail, double boinger and ...that's it (no rigid singlespeed, no 29er for me, thanks). My other practice is self contained touring on short periods in France, Ireland, Spain, and UK, until now.

Some years ago I saw an add for a 1993 Marin Ti FRS that was incomplete and with dead elastomers. I was interested in retro mountainbikes but not in the process of buying an expensive one. Just because of the brand and the looks of the bike I went to see it and made an offer. The seller sold it for half what he wanted and I thought I had been an idiot who paid too much for an old bike. But then searching information on the net I discovered it was the super high end model. That's how I came across RBUK and all the people that share the passion of the early times of mountain biking. Great site and cool people !
I also own a "roadified" 1994 Marin Eldridge Grade, a restomod 1994 Kona Cinder Cone and, since joining here, a 100 % original 1990 flouro green Muddy Fox Courier Comp !.

Evenin' all.

I'm Jamie - wedding photographer living in North East England but hailing from Scotland.

Many years back, my pride and joy was a '93 Lavadome which took me on all kinds of adventures.

Two years ago, I saw an all original Hahana on fleabay and snapped it up. It's the spitting image of my old Lavadome (apart from being a Hahana!!).

My bikes keep getting nicked, but I'm usually at the pub with the Hahana when it happens, so it's lasted a few years :D

Found the forum googling for old Kona info.

Hi all
found Retrobike when searching for pictures of 95 Kona Kilauea, Raleigh Peak and Raleigh Mustang (the pink one) on google.

I've only come back to biking in last couple of years, got my 1st car not long after the Kilauea and that was it!!

I covered silly miles on the Mustang and then the Peak, can't for the life of me remember what happened to any of these bikes, guess I must have sold them somewhere.

Looking to buy a Kilauea and Peak, don't think I'll bother with the Mustang, think it weighs as much as the other two combined!!!

hi all!

Just found this site while serching for something else and thought it looked pretty cool.

Been into mountain bikes since about 93 when i was about 13. Got a raliegh Maverick that was way old then and was far too big for me. Did my first mtb race on it though and then saved up for about a year with my paper round money and bought a giant cfm 3 which i loved and was super light even for now. Im sure it weighed about 23lb!

Anyway dont have any old bikes at the moment. Got a specialized fsr pro and a principia road bike. Come to think about it I used to love the mac b.

I did have a 2000 sunn migual martinez?? replica untill about a year ago. gutted It looked as though it had just come out of the factory. xtr, syncross. I loved it but never used it. should have kept it!

Anyway, enough of my waffle. I see that it sometimes gets a bit heated on here, (hopefully i never buy and sell a (maby) stolen frame by mistake!

Does anyone know much about the raliegh maverick? I kind of loved that bike but hated it at that same time cause i wanted something newer. It had 15 gears, it was matallic grey (although it could have been sprayed) and bendy bars (the first time around)

Living in the past!

Wotcha!

Just signd up after finding this site searching the interweb for info on my first ever mountain bike (a 1992 Marin Palisades Trail).

Saw from your AuctionWatch that there was a 1992 Eldridge Grade on eBay and ended up buying the bike I coveted 17 years ago!

As I restore it I'll be asking questions, making inane comments and generally living in the past.

So, enough about me, how've you been?

Hi, Ali from Lincoln here. Found Retro Bike whilst searching for information about my old bike.

My Bike: A '93 GT Tequesta All Terra that needs a very good tidy up (as you'll see in the pictures) it's all still original from when I bought it new. It's never had so much as a replacement tyre it's had that little use over the years.

I'm trying to find out what the specs are of all the parts on it, as I have been out of the game for so long I no longer know what's what.

It needs: a new headset, new handlebars (I don't like the end bars) and a new seat post (thi sone is seized and I think it will get damaged releasing it)

The plan: sort the bike, and get myself fit again. I'm 36 over weight (16 stone) and need to sort myself out. So if anyone local doesn't mind an out of breath slow coach tagging along I'd like to join in.

Oh, pictures :)

IMG00145.jpg

IMG00137.jpg

IMG00138.jpg

IMG00143.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back