The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
new member.

Just to say hello to everyone. I have a pace green f3 and like it very much.Can anyone confirm headset size of f3.Regards Seankrell.

Hi everyone,

I found this site after searching for Klein info and now i am hooked on the for sale forum. Some eally tasty bits on there!!

Bike history...(the ones I am admitting to!)

Kona Explosif '92/93 ish with RC35's which i had until '96.
Klein Attitude '91 in Team colours. Bought in '99, stolen in 2000 :(
Pace RC200F1 in black, RC35's. Still have as a road bike.
Pace RC200F8 in red, RC36's Still have.
Klein Attitude '91 in team colours under construction (hence the for sale forum addiction!)

The Bear.

An abreviated introduction

Hi all, Im Jake. Been reading and posting (a little) on RB for a few months now and never saw this thread so here's my brief intro. I'm from Brooklyn, NY and have been riding MTB since around '96 though we definitely bombed hills and back sections of park since well before then and most probably before I can remember. My ownership history is way to long for me to try and remember them all but the highlights are still in my daily rotation the '98 GT STS 1000DH (mtb) and the '90 Specialized Allez Epic (road). Both of those have been built and re-built a lot of times (the STS is still the middle of my latest project). Other honorable mentions are my recently broken '95 Zaskar and my -not retro at all- winter trainer/DH rig a Big Hit from '05 I think. I found the site while doing some research on the STS and was hooked. Looking at the market in NY I thought I was the last guy who likes anodized parts and rides MTB with clipless shoes but your all just hiding in jolly old England. Well anyway great to be here, catch you all on the pages.
-Jake

Hi, I;m Chris From Chicago Illinois USA
I wanted to post in BOTM and it wont let me until I make my first post. So here I am. I've spent most of my vintage Mtn. Bike time on the internet at MTBR VRC and BMX at VBMX. I came here in search of help to rebuild a set of Manitou EFCs .My bike interests include Mtn. bike from the early 80's to the mid 90's and BMX freestyle bikes from the early to late 80's. I hope to be able to contribute my knowledge as well as absorb as much as I can.
Here are links to bikes past and present as well as other non bicycle crap too.
1378140010_2799996b77_t.jpg

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery...heck=1&page=1&sortby=&sorttime=0&way=&cat=500

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rimspoke2/sets/

Hello, I've just registered today as well as there was a post about my bike. I've been lurking for a while though!

I used to do a lot of riding and racing BITD, and did the MyCycles Malvern Hills Classic back in the early days. I then found cars, girls and all the other distractions life brings and stopped riding completely. I've got back into it in the last couple of years, firstly back into road cycling and now back into MTB.
I can now afford the bikes I always wanted, so here I am.

From BITD I've had:

Marin Muirwoods (the fluoro yellow one)
Marin Zolatone Eldridge Grade
Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX (grey / white e-stay) (frame cracked)
Alpinestars Al-Mega DX (warranty replacement)

Then a long time with nothing.

Now, I have a Specialized S-Works Roubaix SL road bike and probably more interestingly round here the MBUK Zaskar and a Kona MokoMoko which is from the first year they did that model. They all get ridden, too!

I want a Klein next, an early Attitude in Green / White / Magenta. I remember having a go of one *years* ago and remember it feeling very alive. An awesome bike!

my names max, i have two classic steve bauers, a proflex 857 (with xtr dual control ;D ) and a look kg76 bernard hineau carbon kevlar bike

ive been around for quite some time, but finally am getting around to posting

Hey guys,

I'm glad I found this site. When I used to ride bright pink was all the rage, along with pink stems and 2" of travel. I lusted after Magic Motorcycle cranks and titanium frames. Have now only got a knackered old beater now of unknown origin to get to work on and back but am on the look out for old skool Marin's around the £100 mark!

Bennett Don't Need No Gun!

Hi my name is Raf.
looks like verry cool place with lot's of information1.
i'm mountainbiking since 1991. began competition mtb in 1994 til 2004.
have had some cool bikes in the past. i will try to post some pics of them.
from 1998 - 2000 i have worked for the belgium distributur for rock shox, giro, k2, paul, gold tech, srp, syncros, and some other brands. Now since 2000 working in a bike shop.

Hi everyone, yea Raf get those pics up!!

im Dave im 22, got into cycling 6 months ago. i own a Merlin malt 2. not retro, but nice :cool:

got 3 vintage 10 speeds. and on the look out for a retro frame :D

My names Ben. I'm from London and I love old school bikes despite having a pretty modern one as the main mountain bike . I have a Scott Ransom 40 and a carrera Hellcat for rides but I really want a Raleigh activator in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back