The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Yaw'll, Names Will.

Ive been into MTB for a while now. Never really stopped riding since i learnt. Started off doing Jumping/DH/Freeride/4x/Etc. But now living in the city i need something that isnt as knackering as my 24Seven Dark Angel to lug around. Recently picked up an old Raleigh hybrid and have stumbled across this site while trying to find out exactly what model I have. Looks like a good site which could give me the info I need to restore this beauty.

Ciao

Hi there everyone,

My name is Peter, I'm from Belgium and I'm new to retrobike. I have some bikes, most are recent Bianchi's which I built myself from the frame up (and still try to upgrade regularly), so I have some experience in fiddlin' with bikes. But mostly they were built with new gear, so it's no comparison to repairing and restoring older stuff (unless you use NOS offcourse).
I recently enlarged my Bianchi-collection with a Bianchi Pholcus with Shimano Exage 300LX groupset, about 1992 as I found out reading through a post of a Puch Scout that caught my eye (cannot post the link yet).

I'm still thinking about where it should go (keep it as is, change some, change a lot), as soon as I have enough posts I'll might start a topic about it with some pics.

Cheers, Peter

Hi all! Big Klein fan here.

Got referred by a retrobike member posting a thread on my Klein forum over at themacaddress. Looking forward to getting to 5 posts so I can post all the pictures of my rides in "the long awaited klein thread." :-D

Hello

Hello I am Iain and I have just joined as I am returning to biking after a lay off of a few years. I live near Darlington, County Durham and am a propper northerner. When I was younger I road a lot of park BMX and DH about 97-04 was really my era. I currently have a modified Hoffman Condor which only gets used for riding up the paper shop and a old school GT Zaskar for riding to work (occasionally) and at the weekends. I do have several other project pikes and bits and pieces lying about that I would like to get back to their former glory when I get the time.

Wish I had found this earlier! (how many say that?)
The stuff I gave away or chucked just last year......

Anyhow...
No retro bikes yet but my bike history is not that exotic but still loved every one...

Started MTBing in 87 on a Saracen Tufftrax, bike still doing service with my Dad to this very day...ridden everyday for fitness.

Then in 89 saved up for 'dale - SM Chameleon (black with green splatter).. remember the Odysey Aerator seatpost pumps?

94 and small crack in weld and 'dale honoured the lifetime warranty with a M900 frame and peperonis.

Rode that bike for 12 years until discovered trail centres in 2006 and went all modern with one of those FS fangled thingies - Whyte E5. Still ride the Whyte every week along with a Ti456.

Originally from Southampton, so biking was Downs, New Forest (pre ban) and a few races like Chedder, Salisbury Plain Challenge Southern series, etc.

Moved to SW Scotland in 2000 and now live bang in the middle of 7Stanes (big grin).

So, brief intro.
Still hang my head with the disgust that I gave my 'dale M900 away last year (XT/ateks, etc)

saw you lot in a magazine this month and as i have a much loved ALPINESTARS AL MEGA DX in PURPLE i thought i'd better join in. ive changed a few things low profile brakes to V's newer tyres, and replaced the chainset other than that its bog standard. i found in 10 years ago for sale in a Llandudno bike shop, for £50... its a good un . . .

Every time I google for (bike) info, RetroBike comes up in the top10 so I guessed it'd be a good idea to sign up :)

Only MTB in my past is a Cinder Cone (forget the year, it was green/grey - the bike, not the year) that I sold in parts following a bad (motor)bike crash, thinking I'd never get back to MTB'ing again.

9 years later I have been given a '94 Marin Eldridge Grade by my Brother so I'm going to try and get back to it (nothing hairy, just mild stuff. I'm far too fragile now).
Only non-original parts at the moment are the original wheels from my old Cinder Cone (don't remember that happening!!)

Want to makes some 'improvements' to the Marin, most notable lose the bar ends and add a suspension fork.

The wife has a GT Aggressor (haven't worked out what year yet, only got it a few days ago - the bike, not the wife).

Look forward to joining in here :cool:

Hi All!

Hi,

Name is Alex... Although the username kinda gives that away!

Been into mountain bikes for around 16 years now thanks to a family friend who used to own a windsurfing / MTB shop called Channels. Found this place after doing a few searches and seemed only right to sign up :cool:

Currently have a few bikes (all owned from new):

Early 90's Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer in green/orange with Spin wheels

Mid-late 90's Orange P7 (still totally stock)

1988 Kona Cinder Cone (although in bits and virtually just a frame)

Seems a great site and I already have my eyes on a couple of projects rather than buying something new.... I can see getting back into cycling is gonna be expensive! :twisted:

hi. my name is dean. i have a 02 kona bear and 89 marin pine mountain.

like to ride, don't like cars

good place for all things retro

catch you later

Morning all just getting the first post done and saying hello from sunny harrogate
you may see me riding my 1990 nishiki ariel in original spec if your from these parts

S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back