The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeRkY":12cxqm5s said:
Also dont forget the wednesday night chat...just click chat up the top from about 8pm UK time onwards...it frequently ends up a bit messy and low brow...but its usually fun... :shock:

it wasnt me i swear!!!!!!!! :oops: :roll:

Hi my name is Jeffrey. I love bicycles in general. But what cuaght my eye are the retro bikes. OLD SCHOOL. I like how some of the components and parts that were made are still better than new.

I cycle everyday. I love to build and wrench on bikes. I do some community bike work at my LBS. This is a trend that will never die and I will never allow! I love my retro project and will be a RETRO GURU MASTER of whatever is the best stasis on this site.

I am well knowledgeable and Take pride in building but not only, Riding and showing off those well crafted bikes. I find it fun that I can whop my friends on their road bikes with my retro MTB. It sucks though because I had my fist face to car experience and hope that everybody will keep them retro and older bikes going.

Keep riding!

Evening, I'm granville and i'm addicted to bikes.....

just started using the forum, looks good! back slaps all round.

i'm a bike mechanic and have just started to sort out my collection of bike crap [as my girl calls it] which no doubt will end up for sale to be replaced with equal if not more tat.

i'll get some snaps of my retro machines.... sunset mavic rims anyone? [haha]

anyways get stuck with anything technical dont hesitate to give me a nudge.

keep it rubber side down.

Aye up. I'm Sketcher, a Lancastrian in exile on the South Downs near Brighton/Worthing. Love this site - I stumbled upon it whilst trying to figure out how much my old Pace RC200 F6 might be worth (see post in that thread). I was all up for trying to sell it on, but now I'm tempted to try and resurrect her! Am hoping to join the ride from Devils Dyke next weekend so 'appen see some of you there? The polished chalk of the South Downs and retro canti brakes/tioga phsycho tyres should be an interesting combination after a bit of rain or frost!

Hi,

My name is Casper as you probably would've guessed by now.

I have have been lurking this site for approx a year now. I started cycling about fifteen years ago. I started with Peugeot which I quickly cracked. I bought a Cannondale M800 beast of the east to continue cycling and started to do some competition.
Because of the intensive training, my body protested and I ruined my knees. I stopped cycling when I was 20-21.

Now I'm 30 and have been cycling for 3 years now. Now I have the funds to build a bike with parts I couldn't afford at that time. I now have 4 bikes.
1. Commencal Pasta Power (2004)
2. No name ti frame (I bought this one new and directly from a manufacter at the Eurobike last year for €320)
3. Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC50 (2007)
4. Dekerf team SST (2007)

I bought the Dekerf as a frame and am trying to build it as a retrobike but still be capable of doing a weekend in the Ardenne. This will be a challenge as it is a disc only frame. So if anyone has suggestions about a nice set of discbrakes....

I don't have a exact configuration ready but it'll be kitted out with syncros, white industries, precision/paul.

Hope I have given you a proper introduction.

regards,

Casper

MynameisCasper":3cbgjwkc said:
Hi,

My name is Casper as you probably would've guessed by now.

I have have been lurking this site for approx a year now. I started cycling about fifteen years ago. I started with Peugeot which I quickly cracked. I bought a Cannondale M800 beast of the east to continue cycling and started to do some competition.
Because of the intensive training, my body protested and I ruined my knees. I stopped cycling when I was 20-21.

Now I'm 30 and have been cycling for 3 years now. Now I have the funds to build a bike with parts I couldn't afford at that time. I now have 4 bikes.
1. Commencal Pasta Power (2004)
2. No name ti frame (I bought this one new and directly from a manufacter at the Eurobike last year for €320)
3. Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC50 (2007)
4. Dekerf team SST (2007)

I bought the Dekerf as a frame and am trying to build it as a retrobike but still be capable of doing a weekend in the Ardenne. This will be a challenge as it is a disc only frame. So if anyone has suggestions about a nice set of discbrakes....

I don't have a exact configuration ready but it'll be kitted out with syncros, white industries, precision/paul.

Hope I have given you a proper introduction.

regards,

Casper

Hi Casper,

i am sure you will find your way around here too

cheers,

Bas

Hi all!

In the middle of carrying out a salvation of a San Andreas, Previous projects have been a Cannondale Beast of the East, SV3000 and a Clockwork Orange.

Seems like a fab forum!

stuart forsyth":fw0l9rr9 said:
Hi all!

In the middle of carrying out a salvation of a San Andreas, Previous projects have been a Cannondale Beast of the East, SV3000 and a Clockwork Orange.

Seems like a fab forum!

hi stuart read the sannie thread, were are you based?

Y'all got a pretty good thing going on here.....

Impressive site with tons of valuable old school info and links.

Supra has been lurking for som time, and using your resources to work on his GT build.

Many thanks to all.....

Current bikes are:

ProFlex Animal
GT Pantera/Avalance (build in progress)
KHS Softtail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back