The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Hi all found this site from a mate on burnerworld.

I have always been into MTB's i used to race them bitd for a while.

I still have a few of my old flame's though.

Been looking through some threads trying to find some info on the bike's i still have they are>

GT LTS 1

Klien Mantra comp

Any info would be great as i am going to get them out for use again.

Cheers Simon.

Hi, happy new yer for all of you!
I have been registered for long here in retrobke but now that is new years eve and I a happy :) is a good time to introduce myself
My name is Antonio, I come from Galicia ( or Galiza ), but currently working in Ireland. If you don't kow Galicia I can tell you is the paradise for Mountain Bike, my city is Vigo.
I started in this in 1991, and I have a cannondale detla v2000 and a Soma Groove.
Happy new year!!

Hi Folks

Hi all, been lurking here for a few weeks. Been out of mountainbiking for many years, moved to London about 8 years ago from Belfast and left my bikes behind. Managed to talk my dad into bringing my Klein Pulse and Parkpre over for me, so very shortly i'll be having my first ride in more than 8 years.
Been hunting for parts to rebuild my Klein, which is how I discovered this site, so bear with me if I ask some dumb questions as I someties get confused about all the new sizes and compatibility of parts.

Also discovered just how expensive it can get being into bikes again as i'm a bit of a sucker for shiny, cnc'd and anodised parts. Seems like a friendly, helpful bunch here, cheers, Stu

i got back into riding about a year ago after a series of knee problems caused by too much snow boarding, and i loving it again, started off with a cheap marin nail trail and slowly upgraded, i have an E8 now which is amazing.
i realise this is quite modern but growing up and cycling loads in the late 80's and 90's i remember how exciting it was getting every new edition of mbuk and any american mag i could to see the new stuff coming out. i remember getting my crud catcher being signed by JMc (rip) at bike show in olympia and Jez avery breaking the bunny hop record on a pro-flex awesome!
i saw this site when trying to find some parts and i love looking at everyones bikes and the chat, i am starting to post a few times now as well, everyone is really friendly and this year i am going to start a build when i have a shed and can find something i like.
keep up the good work this site is brilliant!

Hello, joined up to buy some forks for my 1996/97 Orange P7, ended up selling the Girvin vector forks from it too. So basically got what I wanted for nowt.

Started mountain biking in 1992 when I was on the dole after Uni (I permanently borrowed my Mam's Giant (cant remember the model but it cost 400 quid which at the time I thought was a ridiculous price).

Did thousands of miles on that thing before it got nicked. Comforted myself by spending a 1000 quid on an Orange P7, my favourite bike ever, did countless miles on it, gave it to my dad on condition he kept riding it.

After that, Stumpjumper M2 (sold for a plane ticket from Oz to UK), Specialized FSR (yuk), Litespeed (sold, too big for me really), Orange P7 again (nicked), PACE RC303(made of cheese), now back to a modern Orange P7 and converting my old faithful P7 to a road bike.(my Dad's stopped riding it).

I live in the Basque country, near Bilbao.

So there you go.

That's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back