The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm Radoslaw, I'm on retrobike for a while, but been too embarrassed with my poor language to take full advantage of forum. Don't remember how do I get here, probably tried find more info about xizang, googled and found this website. I'm from Poland but doing some work duties in UK. I'm GT fan boy but I'm fancy of Fats, Kleins all titanium bikes etc. I'll rather stick with GT's only, they already ruin my budget and my girlfriend is upset with parts lying around and living room turned in to storage for bikes. Last days spend too much time on retrobike than riding on a bike which is quite sad. Good to know is more freaks like me, enjoy retrobike a lot.

Just thought I would join up as I have been a floater for a little while!
I love Intense Cycles and have a 2000 M1, 2002 Uzzi SLX, 2002 Tazer HT and a 2009 Sniper. Also have a Tomac Buckshot which will be my single speeder when I get all the bits for it. Will also be picking up a new Intense 6.6 frame soon to build over xmas!
My son has started racing now (he is 11) and I bought him a Marin Rift Zone. This got me thinking when I started racing, I had a Marin Pine Mountain. It was a '91/2 I think, zola tone paint with the orange day glo forks and bits. Want to get another and restore it for posterity!
Quite fancy a Klein, Pace and a Lobo for my collection one day.

Hello all!

Been lurking around here for a while. My name is Len, I'm 33 years old from England, getting back into mtb's after many years away mostly due to poor health.

Fave bikes from back in the day have to be zaskars mostly, had a purple ano around 93 i think, a 96 LE built by leisure lakes, and now on my 3rd a 98 LE I put together with a mix of kit from over the years. Itching for another to build up fully retro though..(and as much british made kit as poss!) need it outta my system before I can start to save the pennies for something Ti! (hello xizang :!: )

Yo! DC here, I lurk around here a bit when I need help researching old specs. Lots of purdy bikes here. Although I have a nice stable of 'vintage' bikes, I don't play all period correct. I play NO GARAGE QUEENS.
current bikes:
79 trek 710
87 B-stone MB-2(wife's)
88 FC Wicked
90 FC Yo!
90 Ibis Trials Comp
90 trek 950
92 B-stone RB-2
94 B-stone RB-1
94 Bontrager Race
95 FC Buckshaver
96 FC Yo!(wife's)
03 Surly Instigator

Thanks for the great site!
peace-out

Howdoo,

Started riding about 1990- mainly round the peaks; then ventured further afield; wales, lakes, north shore in '98 when that sort of crazy shit was still underground over here, squamish,Banff etc; Moab, crusty Butt, durango etc.
Did some racing- man v horse (broke collarbone!), cannock, trailquests upto 96 i think.
Great site, some stuff to evoke memories of BITD!
Not all good; product testing seemed to be done by the public back then. riding regularly seemed to involve haemorraging money on a very regular basis as stuff designed for the extremes of californiyea, couldn't cope with the best the peak district could throw at it :LOL:
Then there's the good stuff- splatter konas, 28-30 bottom gears!!, the mighty buffalo!, and a certain frivolity about descending on a fully rigid bike and laughing at yours and others pi55 poor attempts at clearing stuff, that sadly now seems lacking by those that came in late.

Bike history fairly aluminium orientated:
91 Scott superlite. Started life looking sort of looking like this
scott_superlite.jpg
. if anyone can find a better pic of 1, pls show me...
92 Kona Explosif
91? Rockhopper
94 RM Fusion- been nearly everywhere with me..
94 Super V1000 with Marzocchi shock which lasted about 3 weeks and straight forks. RSRs and magura race lines.
98 Cannondale Active 100SL- Z1's and formula evo discs.
99 Cannondale Active 100SL- paint issue swap. eventually run with qr20 fork.
00 S Works FSR. Sid SLs etc. Nice but bit flexy in the rear.
03 Jekyll. current tool running lefty,deus xc, XTR and hope mini mono pro.

I know where the fusion is, and i've got 1st dibs on it if he ever sells it, but the others have moved on...
Stumbling across this site got me all misty eyed- now i wonder will my mate sell his Ti bolt, or will i have to make do with a purple explosif??

RCD

I had a friend who had that exact same Scott, but with a white Unishock in it, I see a few here in canada from that same year but never that model.

Hello everybody,
i'm sorry not introduced before.
I was too involved in "mtb for sale" section :D :D
I'm Salvatore, from Umbria - Italy
Before stopping cycling my last bike (I own, care, and ride since october '09) is a great Giant Cadex CFM1 from december 91.
Now I own a 99-00 FRM ARC Race Ready, a full steel frame made by an italian crafter.
Soon I'll post some photos
Cheer

Salvatore - cyb

Hello there,

My name is Jan, and strangely enough, I dig bikes.

I started mountain biking when I was around 13, in 1989. My first bike was a beautiful green-white Rossin Adventure, which sadly got stolen from my parents’ back yard in ´93. My next bike was a lightly used -92 GT Avalanche, that came with a nicely splattered frame and, if my memory serves me correctly, a full XT grouppo. Well, needless to say, the GT too got stolen (by some drug-using, no-respect teenage delinquent that probably sold my dear bike for a measly 100 quid or so, boohoo :( ). In 1995 I bought a Kuwahara Explorer from a friend of mine, but never really became that thrilled with the hard-as-rock alu 7005 frame and the spindly Coda parts, so my passion for all things mtb slowly faded away.

Some thirteen years later, in 2008, I bought a Niner MCR 9 (a modern 29er) and before I really knew what had happened, my passion for bikes was rekindled. I'm currently restoring two retro rides: a -88 Bianchi Super grizzly and a -89 Muddy Fox Sorcerer, and having lots of fun doing so. :)

Cheers,

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back