The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Folks,

Found the site while looking for parts for rebuilding my '91 Rockhopper. Didn't realize, but was pleased to know there is an entire sub-culture surrounding this desire (need!) to fix older bikes from one's youth.

qnlc5477e6e57kz1y7bl.jpg

I'm located across the pond in North Carlina in the mountains. I currently ride in Bent Creek Experimental Forest & Trace Ridge Area as I live within 10min of trailheads:

http://www.mtbikewnc.com/gallery/index.html?action=displayGallery&gallery=32
http://www.mtbikewnc.com/gallery/index.html?action=displayGallery&gallery=40

Aprreciate your patience with a Newbie like myself as I will have a lot of questions due to my lack of knowledge & experience working with bikes...

Been lurking on this site for a while. In fact so long I forgot my original login details :) Anyway, I am the proud owner and have been the proud owner from new of a Pace RC-100. It had its 19th birthday this year :D

Anyway, what has got me back on this site again is that...not for the first time, I am in the mood for getting my Pace restored back to its original colours and graphics.

I have been in contact with Peter McCarthy who is on this site and he says I should say Hi to you all and formally introduce myself.

My Pace is still in use fairly regularly but has been adapted to utilise more modern components. I still have many of the original stuff though like the RC30 forks, RC35 fork baldes, 1 piece stem steerer, magura brakes and the bullseye cranks.

Anyway, my main stumbling block on the restoration is getting all the decals for the Frame....particularly the Main Pace Research downtube decal and the Reynolds 531 ALL-Terrain fork decal. Thanks to Pace retro wetpaint site, the rest are available in jpg form. If anybody is able to help with a good jpg of these decals or better still a vector file of all the decals, it would be much appreciated.

I know there are a fair few guys on here who have already restored their RC100's and their opinions and help would also be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Clem

clem_r":15qpw3jb said:
Been lurking on this site for a while. In fact so long I forgot my original login details :) Anyway, I am the proud owner and have been the proud owner from new of a Pace RC-100. It had its 19th birthday this year :D

Anyway, what has got me back on this site again is that...not for the first time, I am in the mood for getting my Pace restored back to its original colours and graphics.

I have been in contact with Peter McCarthy who is on this site and he says I should say Hi to you all and formally introduce myself.

My Pace is still in use fairly regularly but has been adapted to utilise more modern components. I still have many of the original stuff though like the RC30 forks, RC35 fork baldes, 1 piece stem steerer, magura brakes and the bullseye cranks.

Anyway, my main stumbling block on the restoration is getting all the decals for the Frame....particularly the Main Pace Research downtube decal and the Reynolds 531 ALL-Terrain fork decal. Thanks to Pace retro wetpaint site, the rest are available in jpg form. If anybody is able to help with a good jpg of these decals or better still a vector file of all the decals, it would be much appreciated.

I know there are a fair few guys on here who have already restored their RC100's and their opinions and help would also be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Clem

Welcome, if you have not done so already, get your frame number on the offical retrobike pace number list.

Also speak to GilM about decals, I beleive he has done a full set for the RC100.

Regards

Rob (fellow 100 owner...although not restored)

read most of the intros here - sounds familiar I started mtn biking around 1990, old bikes include 1992 Stumpjumper and Cannondale, curently riding a 1998 stumpjumper around the local trails and bike paths. I like to try trails all over the usa and hopefully abroad.

klasse":1zq3w8xz said:
read most of the intros here - sounds familiar I started mtn biking around 1990, old bikes include 1992 Stumpjumper and Cannondale, curently riding a 1998 stumpjumper around the local trails and bike paths. I like to try trails all over the usa and hopefully abroad.

correction it's a Rockhopper - ritchey logic niti tubes you know the one. for a road bike it has to be steel w/campy

Hello all. First real MTB was a 92 Saracen traverse that I have posted about in the Saracen lovers thread.

I found this site and are hooked all over again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back