The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Hello,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I started mountainbiking in 1990 on a GT Tequesta (bought new). I rode this until I replaced it with a '99 Karakoram (again bought new) which I'm still using to this day, all be it with a number of modern(ish) parts.

The Tequesta spent some time in my loft (I could never bring myself to throw it away BITD) and was later re-built as a commuter/road training bike. It has slicks and erm, tri-bars, oh and about a milion (6) lights as its winter now. It does looks a bit silly, but I like it, and besides commuter bikes are allowed (suposed) to look stupid (functional), correct?

Last year I built a single speed using a '99 Timberline frame. Its very much a parts bin/ebay special but I love riding it.

I also have a modern bike, which is nice too! Its a hardtail, has silver rims and silver seat post, and yes its a GT!!!

Cheers,

James

RobC":a7m1du60 said:
Hi, I'm Rob and I like bikes...

i bet you feel better now you have come out the closet so to speak. its just like AA here

First post.

Will be needing some help and guidance as I strip down and restore a 1989 Marin Bear Valley I've just bought.

Bri

Hi there, dave from Australia.

been lurking and soaking up the info for little while now.

Something to show and tell coming

Hello there this is Joe from Manchester. Stumbled upon this site when looking for information on the late Raleigh Special Products. Cheers.

Hello all

while searching for disc brake info, I stumbled upon this site. I'm from Snohomish, Washington. I bought my bike new in 95 or 96. It's a Mongoose Amplifier. I use it on urban trails and on some local woods riding. I would like to upgrade to disc brakes if possible, without changing the fork.
IMG_1599.jpg

Anyhow, thanks for letting me be a part of the forum.

Roger

Evening All,

Firstly an apology, got carried away and done some posting before introducing myself. Forgiveness sought for the breach of convention.

Been a bike rider for more years than I care to remember and have in the past done a bit of time trialling and some long distance riding (Audax).

Haven't been riding for far to long but decided to get back on the saddle and am currently building up a "road" bike based on an old Raleigh RSP frame to replace my Peter Grisley Mega 10 (after stripping threads on the frame) and a modern full suspension bike.

Found the forum by accident but glad I did - been helped and got some really good parts for my build - and now been added to my favorites.

Hope I can give back as much as I take from the forum.

Happy retro riding to one and all

Jules

Hi everyone

First off forgot to introduce myself in here.

Ok history

92 got my first MTB after riding bmx's for years, a spangly Claud butler out of the then future wifes catalogue. After two months is was knackered and the resulting weekend taking it back to her house resulted in my now 16 year old daughter.

Then bought my only ever completely shop bought bike in the guise of a GT karkorum with rear U-brake. Got that changed to cantis and by 94 replaced it with a Zaskar which had a loose bottle cage pin so i ended up waiting 5 months for the shiny 95 ball burnished version to replace it.

This sucker got stolen out of my house in early 97 and it broke my heart. I could still list all the parts i had on it to any issurance assesor. Unfortuantely the insurance didnt pay out even a quarter of the amount i spent on it

This lead to a wilderness of a few years and weight gain

2001 bought a 2nd hand zaskar race off ebay and enjoyed crashing that around till it snapped on me.

Now i have just finished building my new beast which is a Giant XTC SL carbon jobbie with loads of british parts on but still shimano XT gears.

Now i want a new project and stumbled across this site and its brought back so many memories of bikes myself and mates used to have.

Im looking to build up a zaskar (same era) or and RTS/LTS as im still a GT fan from the early 90's

So thats it

Bri

hello...is that whats its all about

Hi all Dave from Redditch,

Origionally from Wakefield West Yorks and part of the Blazing Saddles boys.

Had too many years on and off away form the bike since my degree, but trying to get my legs back.

Anyone around redditch fancy a riding partner please get intouch.

Hi all, started reading the site over last few weeks after finally getting another mountain bike and picked up a cheap Kona Kula (unsure of year at the moment possibly 1996). Im from Hertfordshire in the UK and my bike knowledge is very bad

Have been riding a single speed road bike for a while but thought i would get back into the fun stuff
Great site!
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back