The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Been looking around this site for a couple of months now. Thought it about time to register.

I have been cycling for about 15 years and have had a few bikes over the years - Kona's and Specialized's mainly. This year I've decided to embark on a couple of projects. I have just finished a building a 2003 Orange P7, I have built it up as a single speed with track ends welded in by Argos cycles and resprayed in white. Been off road on it and it rides great. Next project is sitting in the garage waiting to get started. I have got my hands on an Alpinestars Al-Mega DX. All completely original, a bit mucky and missing a front wheel. Can't wait to get it going - always loved these when I was younger and made up about getting my hands on one now!

Will try and get a couple of pic's up soon

Cheers

Martin

helo brothers and sisters

another one is joining the retro family.

here in my country it's very rarely to meat sb who'd understand my kind of freakness, so need U to talk about the whole mtb retro stuff.

ending - GT is what i really like;)

Hi new member here

Hi,

I'm a past cyclist returning to the fold after a gap of some 25 years and a few pounds (OK stones) in weight. I found the forum whilst researching the odd cycle.

I have a Paul Milnes road bike 531c frame and tubs that has been in the garage gathering dust and cobwebs for many years. This maybe a future project. I've just bought a Raleigh M-TRAX Ti 2000 for £35, to ease me back into the saddle.

Jeremy

Hi,

Found the site recently and decided to join. I currently have a Dyna-Tech Encounter that I have owned for over 10 years, bought it second hand when I was at school.

I am now cycling to work everyday so I decided to get a new bike, so in the mean time I shall try and tidy up the Dyna-Tech etc. Its all standard.

I have just purchasesd a new Mtrax HT 2.0 using as my daily commute to work. I was originally looking for a retro MTrax Ti 4000 but couldn't find one anywhere. Was my dream bike when I was younger, but just couldn't afford one.

Cheers

Jamie

afternoon all.

Found the site from reading an article in todays sunday times, i can scarcely belive such a forum exists!!! :D

ive been mtbing since i was 11(im now 26). my dad bought me a marin bobcat trail (silver with matt green forks, alivio groupset iirc) for passing my eleven plus and it started from there. history after that went.... parkpre schepter comp with tange strut forks and xt groupset, then i moved into trials which began on a bright orange cannondale killer v 800 with peperrami forks and xt cantilevers with koolstop pads then it got more and more trials specific, small, seatless, lighweight wonders with chris king hubs and silly little gears.

i actually rode for team MAD saracen for 2 years doing shows all over the place but am now far too morbid to jump off roofs etc.

my mtbing over the past 3 years has been minimal but after moving back to london 2 months ago and seeing all the retro fixies and oldskool stuff flying around the east end im looking to build a retro town bike or two of my own and er here i am.......

Hi, I'm Rob and I like bikes... :shock:

Erm, I'm 29 and have been riding since I was maybe 14, used to race XC when I was in my mid-late teens and now have a hankering to build my old race frame (1996 Trek 8500) up into the bike I wanted/ would have built in that era had I not been a skint teenager! So far the bike has a set of orginal SID's and a set of Mavic CrossMax, Xlite XLR bar, Alto ProII bar ends and a XLite Ti saddle - lots of bits still to go though...

Also have a 1995 Diamond Back Apex (fully rigid) built up with fairly recent XT bits and a set of Middleburn/217 wheels, a 2008 Dolan Hercules with Ultegra groupset and Mavic Aksyium wheels and most recently a 2009 Specialized FSR XC Expert.

These are the only pics I have of my bikes at the mo... sorry they're a bit poor, they were taken a month or so ago so don't really reflect what any bike looks like now :oops: Oh, and please excuse the bar ends on the FSR, I was just trying to find a better riding position, they look terrible!
26-08-09004a.jpg

26-08-09006b.jpg

26-08-09007c.jpg

26-08-09008d.jpg

Cheers,

Rob

Hello everybody

I'm new to the site.
I own my Marin Eldridge Grade since 1991. I bought it from brother in law because i loved the colour and he was into some "fancy" Trek anyway.
I wasn't riding too much back in the days neither i'm into it now..but i liked to take my bike apart, buy new things for it and put it back together again
But that was long ago and nearly forgotten..Last week i visited a fleamarket and found between all the useless stuff a carbon handlebar from Look Racing and bought it for 1 Euro and now my old interest is awaken again. This site looks like the right place even i never considered my bike as retro.
I have some parts in my cellar to trade or to sell and i hope you guys can help me finding some other Marin Bikes with the same colour pattern like mine. I know there are some like the Sausalito or the Muirwoods.

Greetz from Munich, Germany
Adam

Noobie

Hi guys, Another newbie that has the same taste in bikes as the members.My weapon of choice is a 91 Muddy Fox Courier comp., Shes a one owner that i imported to Australia, only mod is the fittment of some Fox Shock Mag21`s

Found the site by chance sniffing around to see if it had any value as i was going to pull it down and build up a Mongoose frame that i have. Well it seems that looking through the site there are other members that have this fine machine. Will post some pics as soon as the batteries charge.

I hope to put into the group as much as i take from it and its members

Cheers all
Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back