The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.
I have come across this site many times in past but only got around to join recently. I've been riding bikes for as long as I can remember (i blame the parents), used to be into road riding when i was about 10-12 years ond and I had this super cool steel road bike, but I had a nasty crash cos the road was a hole (i'm from the isle of wight...) so with the insrance I got my first MTB, a cannondale M300, which I still have, i never looked back, since then i've had 2 giants (atx 970 and 890) and 2 rockhoppers (1 was stolen from my uni halls), more recently I bought a Kona Hot '96, and I also have an On-One Inbred SS for getting to work etc. and an F500. I love riding and the mechanics of bikes (used to be an engineer). Now I work as a radiographer so I get to see alot of cycling injuries... which is nice...
Have fun!
John

Sweden calling

Hello, world!
I'm Ragnar from just outside Stockholm in Sweden. I have been into biking for the better part of my life (just turned 50). In the mid 70's, when I was a teenager, I started doing longer road trips and I jumped on to the MTB bandwagon in 1983. My first MTB was a Regent (swedish brand but made in Taiwan), an all-steel heavyweight from the time when 15 gears was plenty and shifters that clicked hadn't been invented yet. Sadly it recently got stolen after giving me 25 years of service, so now I'm on the lookout for a replacement.
I've had a number of bikes throughout the years, but today there are only three:
  • 1994 Crescent Alivio, a touring bike I use for commuting.
    1984 Chesini X-Uno, italian road racer.
    1990 Miyata Century MTB. I don't ride it much nowadays, it's mostly for show :D
I'm happy I found this site, it's fun to see that there are so many sharing my interest in retro bikes. Come to think about it, since I have bought all my bikes brand new at the time they came out, it must mean that I'm retro too...

Hello all,

I go by the name of frogracer (long story), I joined here as I am of the 1990s era (musically, bikeally and still fashionally) and I am getting back into retro bikes now...

I bought a couple of cheap frames off Ebay, and I am building up a c.1996 bike that I would have been proud of when I was a student. More to follow on those soon :)

My history is:

1982 Kalkhoff Spitfire BMX
1984 Raleigh Burner (the blue and yellow one)
1980s Raleigh Bomber (yes!) (scrapped :( )
1994 Green Muddy Fox (I think) for sale on here!
1996 Orange P7 LX (sold)
1998 Sintesi
2000 Giant DH

I also spend my life racing cars and boats (time for a shameless picture whoring :D):
0605071164.jpg

new kid

Hi folks,

Been admiring the bikes on here for a while and thought I should finally join in. I restored my old '88 Muddy Fox Courier recently and love it to bits. It goes great, with all the original Suntour Accushift, DiaCompe U-brake, biopace etc. Previous hard use leaves me nervous about taking it out on the rough stuff, hence the tyres, but it runs superbly otherwise.
Not seen any other '88 Couriers on here or anywhere else, so let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Hey, just dropping in to say hi, import, though not from down here naturally. Found this place when doing some searching for DBR resources. Really stopped riding in my teens, got into cars, now they cost too much so im back into bikes and riding daily again. Doing a hundred km a week at the moment, when im not such a girly man and can pull myself up over the huge hills we have here, id like to bump it up a little.

Joined up because i hope someone will be able to identify the diamondback ive got here, looks like a great place, plenty of sadist's to make me feel welcome :LOL:

Most of my time has been spent on a road bike over the years, so im a bit of a newbie to the mtb scene (even though ive owned the bike for a good 10 years).

Hello all. I have been looking around this website for a few months now. Thought I should say hello.
I got my fist MTB in 89 it was a Specialized Hardrock (88 the one with the U brake under the chain stay). Had this for a couple of years until someone broke into my shed and stole all the parts (I had it chained to some other bikes). Well this gave me the chance to get a new bike so I managed to get hold of a new Dave Lloyd MTB frame and set about building it up.
Fast forward 17 years, Job, Wife, 4 Kids later and I thought it would be nice to sort the old bike out. This was when I stumbled across this website. I have now spent a small fortune on NOS bits for the old girl, and it is stripped down with no paint on it waiting for a respray. To make maters worse I have now purchased Owens AMP B4 (what a job he has done on that bike :D ). I hope to get the Dave Lloyd in the reader’s bikes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back