The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers for the welcome guys, and the tips, I'll post some pictures when I have a minute

p.s madcowkev - The Orange 5 is a awsome piece of kit, I love mine, I bought it at the end of last season so it's a 2006 frame with 2007 running gear on (much better rear shock) as they had no complete bikes left at the orange factory. Everyone that rides mine wants one, perfect for a bloke like me that wants minimal faff from a bike - I would recommend going for as higher spec one as you can though as the fox forks & lighter carbon bits make a big difference........not to the ride obviously, to the look of it!

oh, I have another question, one which I'm sure has been posted on here a hundred times... the seatpost is seized on the marin...been here before & wrecked a frame...and helpful hints or suggestions?

Hi Everybody, Names Gary and hail from Ayrshire Scotland.

Have been reliving my youth with my 2nd clockwork. I previously owned and more importantly used a 1990 Clockwork orange#1. Nowadays i just scoot about on the roads not really into the hills thing anymore.

I don't know how to attach a photo here but have posted a picture of my beloved in the members gallary- comments good and bad welcome.

Had a bit of a fall recently and decided to replace a few bits and pieces, as a consiquence have a purple Hot Rod bar (been chopped somewhat and has a good few scratches but still got plenty of life left) and unbranded stem that looks like the original that came with the bike. If anyone is interested I can post pictures if someone explains the procedure lol.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Gary :D

Alright dudes Just joined the forum, bought that 16" Xizang frame off ebay can't wait till it arrives. Was just surfing the net when I happened on your site. Also have an orange sub 5 and a kona kileauea. Great site. :cool:

Hello all

Hello all,

Hope everybody's doing well.
Just popped by for a browse at some nice bikes and thought I'd better register.

Cheers,

DM

Hi,
Followed a link to RetroBike from MBUK forum, been lurking for a while now registered.
Bult up my Zaskar from frame and forks in '96/'97 Judy XCs are dark blue OEM's. Clamp on Hope front caliper mount, originally had canti's on rear but acquired an early Hope mechanical disc brake a couple of years ago and machined up my own caliper mount. Bar bag & non retro GPS isn't a regular fit but I thought I needed somewhere to carry Mars bars & stuff when a friend and I did the Sea to Sea a month ago . Also slowly building up a '97 GT STS DH on a frame I acquired secondhand a while ago (I always coveted the carbon STS DH but couldn't justify the expense back then) and still got my original '95 Tequesta.

Regards
Andrew

Attachments

• Resize of IMG_0575.JPG
    Resize of IMG_0575.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 2,320
Hello

Hi all

I've been lurking on this forum for a bit enjoying the very nice bikes on display here. I'll post my trusty old Mongoose on the "Readers bikes" section.

Enjoy!

Nol from Holland

Just found the attachment function so here goes:

Attachments

• IbocProSX1.JPG
    IbocProSX1.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 2,278
hello!

Hi,

I just joined up this week..in anticipation of getting myself a little project. Here it is - a 1992 Marin Bearvalley SE
I picked it up for £10 this evening and have checked that it has all the orginal parts except for the tyres (I have compared with catalogue spec. in the gallery). Some parts will need replacing I think.

Quite a bit of work ahead....

I also still have my 1st mountain bike - a 1990 Kona Cindercone. Much of that is the original spec. too, but it has been unloved for 12+ years ...another project perhaps.

Thanks,
Gus

Attachments

• Marin BM SE small.JPG
    Marin BM SE small.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,176
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back