The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have an awful confession to make. Years ago I sold my Kuwahara Pacer and I have never really recovered since.

I still have my Reflex ALX 89.

Love this place.

Hello
Arrived here whilst looking for info. about a 'Gary Turner Richter 8' that I have come across recently.
I am a 1996 P7 and 1961 Mercian (fixed) owner. My partner has my 1995 Cannondale Killer V.
Great to see the bikes I covetted in 1990 when I bought my 'Marin Pallisades' being appreciated.
Great site.

Hi there, just joined this fantastic site. Been visiting for a while now and blame you lot for catching this retro bug!! Im waiting on a delivery off the bay as ive won a alu-mega alpinestar's frame and reckon i will need some opinion's on the build. I'll post up some piccy's when it arrive's for your cursory once over!. I kind of like "Different" and the elevated stay's on these frame's are certainly that! I hear they can crack but have been assured this is a minter. :D

Just joined having watched for a couple of weeks.

Retro biker due to a 13 year period of gradually getting lazier but just started back riding and really enjoying it. Used to race some MTB but mainly Cyclocross in South Wales plus do Triathlons and local TTs.

Have a '94 Marin Eldridge Grade in fairly original spec (apart from a San Marco Rolls saddle) thats now pretty worn from a transmission point of view (has original LX groupset) and needs overhauling. Frame also well surface scratched but never heavily crashed. Because I used to race it Im quite attached to it and dont see the need for suspension forks! Have 2 sets of wheels, LX hubs with Mavic 231s and older (91/92) XT hubs with 231s.

Also have awhat I believe to be an '86 or '87 PZ Peugeot 753R frame built up with Shimano 105 groupset and some Ultegra bits. Its not been used for a long time so ideally needs a clean and checkover. I cant find it in any of the catalogues online, its got the same colour scheme as a 531 framed PX10 at www velospace org/node/2677 but its got 753 stickers, hand brazed stickers, the original paper sticker with PZSHBWGB and 6115662 60 on that and B7108669 stamped under the BB. Its also got the Peugeot Lion stamped into the fork crown as Ive seen on similar era 753 forks.

Also have my Dads 94 or 95 Marin Bear Valley SE in original but used spec and an old Marsh cyclocross frame in 531 that Id love to build back up at some point now Ive got the Retro bug.

As a starter, I need replacement middle and outer chainrings for the Hyperdrive chainset (think theyre 42-34-24). What PCD would these be? Also need new chain, HG70 11-28 7 speed block and LX derailler. Anyone know the model number for the LX? Dont mind upgrading to an XT one..

Paul..

Hi !

And another newby
I have been restoring 70's japanese Motorcycles till 4 years ago.
Then I saw the light...
I had been riding a road race bike (talking bicycles now) since 1976 and a mountainbike since 1994.
I never bought new stuff because i found it all nonsence and it still worked alright , untill my RR Mag21 died 5 years ago, afther more than 10 years.
I had to look for another suspension, and suddenly my interest was caught.
Now I have sold all the motorbikes(except the DAX) and my garage is filling with all kind of bicycles.

Cheers!

Hi, oh and HOLY CRAP THATS ONE CHUFFING HUGE AVATAR!!!

you may want to resize it before it causes the world as we know it to end.

JeRkY":3qb1jbcj said:

Did it in 5 minutes , your fast ? you kinda live here?
:D
Regards
René

Hello everyone thought it best to start here.
I currently own a tomac 78 special but am a bit of a schwinn fan having owed 4 of there sweet spot frames, a moab and a homegrown.
This site is amazing!

reetegoed":3qufhtuz said:
JeRkY":3qufhtuz said:

Did it in 5 minutes , your fast ? you kinda live here?
:D
Regards
René

yeah..its more addictive than crack.... and just as expensive...

Greetings fellow bike riders...

Hello dudes

Been lurking around these here parts for a while so figured I should sign up. Mainly ride BMX nowadays but was well into the MTB scene bitd. Have owned the following bikes:

Dawes '???'
Diamond Back '???'
GT Karakoram
2 or 3 Cannondales

Been riding a 1993 Kona Cindercone for the last 15 years & just stripped & rebuilt it.

There's some stunning bikes on the site which have bought back many fond memories of old skool MTB's :D

cheers!
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back