The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Found the site completely by accident looking for old muddyfox pics. Awesome, I've been reading old posts for a good few weeks and thought i had better register and join in the fun. There are some amazing bikes on here most of which i can remember dreaming about as a spotty teen! Anyway, My collection is varied with a few roadies and mtbs in various states of repair :D Will post pics soon. All the best Mick...

Hello

Found the site after seeing the stand at Mountain Mayhem last year.....blown away by the bikes so though I must log on and have a look.

Started MTBing back in the late 80s but have the best memories of the early nineties....JT and his drop bars, Greg Herbold and a love of all things Yeti :D

Over the years I have owned a MF courier comp, Rocky Mountain Summit (e-stay with Sycros group, brought in Canada) and a 1993 Kona Hei Hei.

Hei Hei still going and used in the summer months....kitted out with XTR group and Judy forks...timeless frame.

May come to a few meets when the weather improves....I ride to work each day in the bad weather so last thing I want to do at the weekend is get soaked & muddy again!

hi all I'am Eddy, been playing on mountain bikes since around 1993 I think. Originally from Hartlepool, I have dabled in most genres of MTB but cheifly race DH / ride dirt jumps

Hi People!
I'm Konrad "Armian" and I'm livin in Poland in magical city Nysa.
Retro Bikes is my new hobby cause i've found this site. I've discoverd that i can start lovin' this!
I wish Ya Good Hunting on realy unique retro stuff!
All Good!

I didn't notice this thread earlier. My name is Andrew, from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

My previous wheels include a '92 fire mountain and two'94 Hahanna's. The fire mountain and one of the hahanna's was stolen from me when I lived back in B.C. on the Vancouver Island in '90's.

My current ride is a '92 Explosif (pro?), previously posted in readers rides. I'd still like to find a green 92 fire mountain to replace what was taken from me. I working on building up the collection again.

My friend and I will be starting a resto on his '92 hahanna this summer, he's owned it since new and it's in rough shape. I've downloaded the decals from konaretro.com but I'm still searching for some hahanna decals, does anyone know if these are available somewhere? I will keep the forum posted on the resto.

I just want to say I feel at home here, I'm really glad I found this site.

Cheers everyone!

hello everyone

i found this site by accident and have been browsing it for a month or so,and im glad i did.bitd,around 1991-1996 i lived in plymouth and as an early teen i ride all the time,it was my life.i had a saracen andes fs and eventually upgraded it to xt etc.i raced a fair bit,tavistock woodlands,7up bmbf nationals,barreto's bikes shop own races etc,i nearly even entered to 1st grundigs at newnham,but that was wishful thinking lol.i have so many wonderful memories and now im older,n not much wiser lol i can nearly afford dream bits n bobs for a retro rig.
now i live up north and build houses,i raced bmx in the early 2000s and due to curcunstances i dont now,although i met loadsa people and travelled alot,good times. last year me n the doris got mountain bikes again to get fit and have a laugh and im buzzing again,just like i did in the mid ninties :D :D :D

look forward to meeting and talking to like minded people who understand that steel framed,canti braked retro still does rule,like it did many years ago :D

Hi all,

I'm Jonny (always use ElNorberto for usernames - long story ;) ), I found this site while trying to find info about an old Ridgeback that I'm restoring. See here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24615

I'm from sunny South Yorkshire, favourite pastimes are tinkering with old cars - and lately, old bikes - and XC-type riding in the Peak District :)

Other than the aforementioned Ridgeback, my fleet consists of:
- 2004 Merlin Malt 1 SE. Nice budget hardtail, with a few tasty upgrades from Hope Marzocchi & Shimano ;)
- Bugger-knows-how-old Universal Rampage. The classic el-cheapo plastic-everything catalogue bike, bought 2nd hand to tide me over when my old GT got nicked!

New here.....

Hi there.... Iam Lars, live in Copenhagen, denmark..
What a cool site this is.... Thank you all for that

Cheers

Lars

Hi - just joined up - John, SE London. Owned countless bikes - ended up at age 43 with a 98 Sunn Vertik II with Pace RC36's and XT/XTR bits - love the springy steel frame. Not a novice to fiddling with bikes but desperately need help with recently aquires Cannondale M800 project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back