The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the forum,few names i know on here,ive had some really cool retro stuff over the years but made the cardinal sin of selling it,got a spesh epic as main ride atm so not very retro.Just got hold of a Klein Attitude frameset tho,always wanted one so going to try source some fitting parts.Some great looking bikes on here,nice to know the old stuff still looks better than the new half of the time.

cheers ;)

introducing caddy

Hi, I'm a daily Amsterdam commuter on a Cadex ALM 1 which I just bought, checked out and refurbished where necessary, from a good bike shop. It's my first MTB. It flies compared to the Amsterdam Granny Bike that preceded it and is a tad heavier to pedal than the ultimately stolen Giant Peleton road racer before that (1991 vintage - bought new). Now, what to replace the no-name knobblies with?

Hi there
I'm a spanish retro collector
My english isn't as good as my collection, so i apologize
if you want to see my collection, please click in the link that appear in my signature
Thanks

Been poking around for a few months, and I've posted my EWR in the Readers bikes section and also added a few quips here and there, but never properly identified myself. Currently I've got 8 bikes in the stable, and most of them have some sort of vintage twist, if not an all out vintage infection! My current thing is building bikes which have a vintage feel, but benefit from modern drivetrain and suspension advancements where possible.
I spent about 10 years in the business on the retail and niche manufacturer side, and I've been on MTBs since 1989. The site is great, and I love seeing all the components and bikes that were such the rage when I was in the industry some 10 years ago.
Thanks!

Been reading for a few weeks and signed up today as looking for a new project. My normal bike for riding off road is a Raleigh RSP 250 frame built up from frame. My other bike for road riding is a Falcon Proline road bike with Shimano Exage 300 gears taken from the tip and after new bottom bracket and pedals all ready for road use.

Well I've been reading this site on and off for a while, thanks for the good tips, advice and humour. I'm down to just two bikes these days, my trusty Kona AA and my road machine a late 80's Bottecchia SL. Got well into MTB when I moved to sheffield, as such have only ever driven my bike somewhere to ride it about twice.

Did a tour of english coast in 06, gloucester to berwick, as much off road as I could but that wasn't much. Now bimbling around warwickshire....

Hi all my names Dave and im from bournemouth I have been riding for as long as i can remember (wish i had kept all the bikes i have ahd over the years!!)

anyways i have got a GT LTS-DH, GT Avalanche 1.0, Monty T-19 and a classic 1981 Montesa Bicycle trials bike (proper old school)

Will post pics soon!!!

Thanks, dave.

Hello i am new, i am from Spain, i love marin bikes, the ones from 1992 to 1997, i own three complete bikes an a frame, i will post pics as soon as i can.

Welcome all...

Great to see lots of new 'faces' on the board, a big Hola to our european friends, and howdy to those across the big pond.

Glad you guys are liking the site..

nebie saying hello

hiya peeps , well what a god send this site is, i will admitt i am an old school orange junkie. and new school??

well my current bikes are :
08 prestige
07 clockwork
02 222
98 evo2 (in slime green)
projects are
90's something alu elite if you can help me with a headset and forks let me know
98/99 clockwork going to be single speed
and looking out for an aluminium o 91/92 (same as my first orange)
and a sim age clockwork??

cheers peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back