The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. I am considering getting mine fitted with discs. I am not going to sweat the stickers, looks like there is someone on here who can sort those, so when mine get worn, I can always sort some more. I am thinking going all black with it; makes it look less cluttered with all the black mounts and zips that come with it being a full-timer.

There was a month-elt Chris Boardman full suzzer going on ebay the other week for £450 with all this as standard... It will cost me the welding, the spray, the stickers, and two wheels anyway, and I'll still have a 10 year old bike at the end of it.

I suppose fame costs though!

Hello all, came across this site a while ago but first time ive posted owt tonight (help with headset problem).
I got my first MTB around the end of the 80's/early 90's's, torn between a Marin Eldridge grade and a Diamond Back Apex, i picked the Apex because i didn't like the anti chip paint on the Marin :oops: if i could only turn back the clock. Anyway, it was ok, better than it was given credit for and served me well till someone smashed their way through a cast iron drainpipe to steal it a couple of years later.

I rode various pieces of crap until i saved enough pennies to buy my dream bike in 1994...a shiny new Kona Kilauea. I rode it daily for ten years, travelled much of Spain and France replacing only Brake blocks, tyres, cables, jockey wheels, chain and tubes in all that time.........and then it was stolen, i was four yards behind the scumbag as he rode off but couldn't catch him, i was left beating my head on the floor as it disappeared never to be seen again.

Since then ive been on a mission to build another, i found the frame surprisingly easily but i gave up on finding the original spec stuff, i have all the stuff i need now and aim to have it out and about by easter (will stick some photo's on if people are interested. Ive been riding a 2002 (i think), Cro-Mo Specialized Rockhopper since, but still pining for me old Kilauea.

I'm 41 and a Chef, i still do 50-60 miles a week but me knees aren't what they were, i still like it reasonable hairy (the riding i mean) but cringe when i see photos of stuff we used to do nearly 15 years ago.
Anyway thats my waffle :D

Welcome :D

:idea: the paint chipped anyway.

:idea: you will find the original spec parts here, just takes time ;)

Thought I'd reintroduce myself after not posting for so long. Still trying to build my dale which is now going to be a lightweight rigid for trying a bit of cyclo x and some offroad tri's. Though at this rate it'll take me another 2 years :roll:

Hi everyone!
My first name is Thibaut. I come from Marseille and i'm riding MTB since 1989.
My first MTB was a "peugeot express" with 6 speed, after i discovered Specialized and buying a 90 Rochopper, then a 90 rockhopper sport, a 91 stumpjumper comp.
In 2001 i bought a Bighit and now i'm riding with a MC Rumble and my.................stumpjumper that i have rebuilding!
Please appologize my English spelling....
I'm not a fanatic collector but i would like to beggining a new project but i don't know what trade, with suntour xc pro group, it's sure!
My stumpy with two configurations, rigid fork :

and RS Mag21 :

Thy-Bo San":36varaoq said:
Hi everyone!
My first MTB was a "peugeot express" with 6 speed, after i discovered Specialized and buying a 90 Rochopper, then a 90 rockhopper sport, a 91 stumpjumper comp.

Sorry, a 92 stumpjumper comp ;)

Thy-Bo San":10e0wi5i said:
Hi everyone!
In 2001 i bought a Bighit and now i'm riding with a MC Rumble and my.................stumpjumper that i have rebuilding!
Please appologize my English spelling....
I'm not a fanatic collector but i would like to beggining a new project but i don't know what trade, with suntour xc pro group, it's sure!
My stumpy with two configurations, rigid fork :

and RS Mag21 :

Thats a really nice stumpy, liking white bikes a lot at the moment :cool: :D

Hi All, First post & what have you! :LOL:

Been viewing the forum for a while now, but after getting rid of my mid 90's C16r 18 odd months ago (gutting) I never really bothered to register!

Anyway after 18 months of not having a retro steel orange, Ive just bought a 94-98 era P7 :LOL:

Im really happy as i alway wanted a P7 when I was a kid.

Expect a few daft questions as i do the bike up over coming months ;)

Cheers Tim

just a quick hello to everyone,just discoverd this site.brilliant at last people with the same interests as me,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back