The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
cchris2lou":23rzs0gj said:
it is fine , just dont forget to post some pictures of your bikes .

and welcome .

Fair enough. Well here's the 1994-ish Race after I'd built it up from a rusty relic.

Attachments

• finis3.JPG
    finis3.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,488
That is nice , the green and red looks good together .

not sure about the purple brace though .

cchris2lou":3emrwzlv said:
That is nice , the green and red looks good together .

not sure about the purple brace though .

Nor me. It's the only one I had to hand though, and the original was unusable. If anyone has a red Brodie or similar, I'll do a swap or send some moolah.

Hi all,

Registered a couple of weeks ago but never got round to typing up an intro.

Found the site as I'm trying to resurrect a couple of old bikes and was searching for a few bits & pieces.

My bike history started with a cheapo amoco which although heavy and fragile got me hooked. It quickly became an Alpinestars Cro-Mega which in turn lasted a year before I bought a Kona Lava Dome in early ninties.

Couple of years later bought a Cannondale M2000 frameset and a set of Manitou sports, kitted it up with full XT and it was a great bike., did a huge amount of miles on that.
In 1994 I bought a Rocky Mountain Altitude from Cranx which became my regular ride. Upgraded forks to Manitou SX-Ti's and left bike as was. It was and still is a fantastic bike. Its exactly same as frame which Jez is advertising right now......if I didn't already have one I'd snap his hand off for it.

Kind of stopped riding regularly when I discovered Italian motorbikes but they can be far more dangerous to your wallet!!!!

Still have both the M2000 and the Altitude and have no plans to ever sell them, just getting the bug again and can foresee £££'s being spent blinging them up all over again...
:D

I have been visiting this site for awhile and finally got around to registering so I thought I would introduce myself.

I live in the US and first got into mountain biking in the early 80s when I received a Ross mountain bike for Christmas. I was amazed that I could ride the thing through the snow with no problem. What a cool, go-anywhere bike! A year or two later I took the bike to college in upstate NY and saw another guy who was riding a Kuwahara mountain bike around. He was one of the few other people who I had seen riding a mountain bike and I felt like we were both bold pioneers, part of a select and special group. In the late 80s I worked at a bike shop on the East Coast and in the early nineties I got a job in a bike shop in Washington state. The shop mainly carried Specialized and Trek. I picked up a 93 Stumpjumper as an employee, as well as an S-Works Steel that I had lusted after for months. I still have the bikes and recently powder-coated and rebuilt the Stumpjumper. The S-Works Steel has a great ride quality-light and lively. I am kicking myself now because at the time the bike store carried a chromoly, rigid fork Stumpjumper with a very unique paint job. The paint was a bright metallic/electric lime color combined with, I think, purple lettering. It was garish but also pretty neat and I wish I had grabbed one since I think they are extremely rare.

Anyway, I have done some fun off-road rides in the mountains of NW Washington but I mostly do commuting and longer road rides. I have aquired a sizable collection of bikes in the last couple of years but I think my bike lust is finally satiated with the 14 bikes I have now. I do believe that I finally have enough. Here is the list:

84 Ross Mt McKinley
88ish Ross Mt Hood
86 Schwinn High Sierra (frame)
92 Bridgestone MB-2 (just got it and love the way it rides)
93 Specialized S-Works Steel
93 Stumpjumper
93 Stumpjumper (can never have enough)
93 Stumpjumper FS (I guess I like Stumpjumpers)
93 GT Karakoram
99 K2 Zed M
99 K2 Zed M (frame)
90s Specialized Hardrock Sport converted to break-apart/travel bike

Road Bikes:

98 Specialized Allez Comp
92 Specialized Allez, steel frame

I will post pics when I can.

Broox

hey guys, this jonnyboy666, thought i'd introduce myself, met you guys at mountain meyhem, since then got the t shirt and the stickers, some of my mates rip the piss out of my older bikes but i don't care coz their bikes don't have the soul!! been into bikes since i was a kid, had a proflex 552 in 92 that i got brand knew frame only and built it with mag 20's and m900 xtr paid for out of paper rounds! i was only 16! posted a few photos of some of my current stuff, 2 clockworks, 91 and 2007, 96 c16r, 96 d2 road bike, 99 fausto coppi galaxy, 95 cougar slx and my lime, look at the picture for that! got some modern stuff aswel though. love the site and the auction watch is awsome, makes life so much easier. i run GA cycles down in southampton, been finding loads of old stuff coz the boss has been in business since god was a boy and he keeps everything that most people throw away! next project is a mid 90's p7, got some bits already, but i want an alpine stars al mega aswel though, the pink and white one, anyone selling one?

Welcome both of you!

WOW, I had forgotten all about Ross'. It would be neat if you could post some pics of the Bridgestone too! :cool:

Another Orange fan, what more can I say! :cool:

Hi, i've just discovered this site thru buying some stuff off elite504 from ebay, so thx to him and a hello to all you people!

Just got back into mtbing after a 10yr break. Used to race in the NEMBA's back in t'day on an old Clockwork and Proflex 955. Still have the Proflex and currently getting a Clockwork of the correct era.

Just got a Santa Cruz Superlight and it's very nice, (my god suspension has come on leaps and bounds). But i'm currently yearning for something nice and retro (and what was out of my price bracket when i was a kid) If anyone has a Mid ninties Yeti frame they need to sell to fund their xmas presents this year then drop me a pm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back