The "I'm not doing so well" thread

Really sorry to hear this, it sounds like you have really gone through the mill the last couple of weeks.

Know this I am proud of you, sharing like this is very difficult, but also incredibly important and takes real courage. So many people just sit and stew.

I really hope things take a turn for the better soon and if nothing else you can get out climbing and back on your bike again.

I the mean time you have us and hopefully you can still smack the living shit out of some metal...

Best wishes.

This week has been shite. Had covid a few weeks ago and got a nasty cold straight after. Work has been ridiculously stressful trying to play catchup, plus I got a new boss last week (They've taken over my department) who don't have the first clue what they're doing.

On friday about 16.00 I woke up in an ambulance. the Paramedics said I'd been seen having a seizure (someone found me in the local high street). Cue a night in hospital. Minimal recollection of events.
six months due
So now I cant drive for at least 6 months, which means I can't get to work (35 miles away in the middle of no-where) and driving generally is a huge part of my life. I now have no idea what the next few weeks/month hold for me, or my job - I've been told an appointment to see the 'First Seizure' consultant may be 6+ weeks.

No driving, cycling, climbing, swimming nothing that will leave me, or others, at any risk. My wife has been amazing, but I feel so bad putting her through all this - she deserves better at this point.

There's no point to this post other than to get it out of my head. I'm sat here contemplating my future and that of everything I do.
Really sorry to read this, I can't imagine what having all this happen in a week must be like.
Although I'm sure work is the last thing on your mind at the moment might be worth having a look at this, https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work a pal of mine was really helped out with it when he couldn't drive for six months due to heart surgery by it.

This week has been shite. Had covid a few weeks ago and got a nasty cold straight after. Work has been ridiculously stressful trying to play catchup, plus I got a new boss last week (They've taken over my department) who don't have the first clue what they're doing.

On friday about 16.00 I woke up in an ambulance. the Paramedics said I'd been seen having a seizure (someone found me in the local high street). Cue a night in hospital. Minimal recollection of events.

So now I cant drive for at least 6 months, which means I can't get to work (35 miles away in the middle of no-where) and driving generally is a huge part of my life. I now have no idea what the next few weeks/month hold for me, or my job - I've been told an appointment to see the 'First Seizure' consultant may be 6+ weeks.

No driving, cycling, climbing, swimming nothing that will leave me, or others, at any risk. My wife has been amazing, but I feel so bad putting her through all this - she deserves better at this point.

There's no point to this post other than to get it out of my head. I'm sat here contemplating my future and that of everything I do.
Everything the others have said, but Citizens Advice (was CAB) is a useful resource for info and, er, advice.

Really sorry to hear of this added burden...very frustrating.

I am not a medic but work with lots of people who are.

A couple of things. My partner's heart (she's 5:cool: has basically gone on strike. So a pacemaker fitted. But still the heart plays up. Reason I am mentioning this: COVID. Diagnosis for her is (i) poorly treated Lyme Disease whilst in Africa; (ii) COVID (she had it very badly in 2002); (iii) COVID vaccine. Most likely COVID. This re you:

https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC10273813/

Increased risks of seizures following COVID. Many stats on this.

Then....also

https://epilepsysociety.org.uk/abou...on-epileptic-functional-dissociative-seizures

if you have compromised circulation following COVID then vascular restriction following stressful situations can arise. My son simply keeled over in an airport after bending down, a couple of years ago. Not a seizure, just very low blood pressure. And stress causes vaso-constriction. It may be fainting, which is NOT a seizure. If you were just out and passive, then more likely fainting. Serious in that you might hurt yourself falling; not serious in that it can be a rare event.

All worth thinking about....
Hope the medics support you properly....

Back