The effect of a growing Retro fan base..?

re supply of parts, bikes etc, look at the Raleigh Chopper, there's still the occasional NOS mk2 or even mk1 that makes its way onto the Bay?? I wonder if we'll ever become the equivalent of the audio scene where people play 78rpm shellac discs & use valves in amplifiers? How about a checklist for new signups?

Do you (by choice) ever:-
1) Spin vinyl in preference to MP3/CD?
2) Run a pre 1980 car?
3) Think 3 bikes is the absolute bare minimum for a cyclist?
4) Own/use a proper fountain pen?
5) Drink real ale occasionally/exclusively?
6) Believe you may be an 'instinctive mechanic'?
7) Stick with your hobbies for life?

(ahem) maybe I'm just rambling now! Not looking to sterotype but this thread got me thinking about what makes a biker/cyclist.

What makes *you* a cyclist?

Steve

LostAtSea":2ikvf9ue said:

I have a bike or four and I like to ride the wheels off them ocassionally! :D

Seriously old or new who cares! Retro bikes are great, they are what started it all off and over the years there have been many beautiful bikes. But you can't also fault where we have got too with the modern bikes of today.. What ever you are into riding, however old you are, everyone can appreciate how good this site really is - a real credit to every one who makes up this unique (and definetly geeky) community... ;)

LostAtSea":28ye3b01 said:
re supply of parts, bikes etc, look at the Raleigh Chopper, there's still the occasional NOS mk2 or even mk1 that makes its way onto the Bay?? I wonder if we'll ever become the equivalent of the audio scene where people play 78rpm shellac discs & use valves in amplifiers? How about a checklist for new signups?

2) Run a pre 1980 car?

(ahem) maybe I'm just rambling now! Not looking to sterotype but this thread got me thinking about what makes a biker/cyclist.

Steve

Had to laugh at this one....a dangerously high score for me... :D

LostAtSea":30yh6s17 said:

2) Run a pre 1980 car?

Steve

have you been round my house??????

Back