The Doctor's Giving up sale, now splitting, pics, NEW prices

Re: The Doctor's Giving up sale.

A box of various bits: brakes ( several sets of cantis and a U brake ) so what's the U brake like Stu ? ..

Re: The Doctor's Giving up sale.

Hi All :) thanks for the responses so far :) Here are some pics and prices :
I am happy to post so I'll stick posted prices on, if you want to collect just say and I'll do you a collected price and make you a cup of the wrong sort of drink and then go and make the one you actually wanted.

So, first of all, here's the Hardrock - it's a bit scruffy but it's all fine. I got it from another retrobiker who warned me about a ding in the nds chainstay, it's there but doesn't seem to be a problem or troublesome in any way, or even particularly visible.. The paintand decals are scruffy, BUT - it's an 18 - for once not a gate size, and in just Specialized's best paint job ever. ( Well I think so )

Here it is ( Flexstem not included, available seperately )

PICT0031_zpsmel3we6q.jpg

PICT0033_zpstn4ganns.jpg

PICT0034_zps0jchr5an.jpg

£20 posted.

Flexstem - yellow, boings boingily ( but discreetly )
1inch headset, 110 reach.
PICT0032_zps0xwbtr4x.jpg

£10 Posted.

Exage Country DS Chainset, no left arm. VERY biopacey, tapers fine, can't guarantee the rings but they look ok.
PICT0036_zps04pzm3o5.jpg

£8 posted.

Flouro Green rear carrier. A bit of patina but nice nevertheless :)
£10 posted ( I also have a good quality plain alloy one, no pics right now, but can get some tomorrow - 15 posted. )

PICT0038_zpseviavrlf.jpg

This lot:
PICT0039_zpschag7xm3.jpg

So: U brakes - £5 each posted - I have the booster for one of them ( rusty, but it works and the screws etc.

300lx Brakes, 1 set Karma, 1 set £5 Posted ( 1 set being a bike's worth - I have another pair here to make up two bikes worth )

Shimano V brakes, 1 wheels worth, blocks included but worn, £6 posted

93 Altus Cantis, pinch bolt missing from one arm, £5 posted

400LX Front Mech, good condition, £7 posted

400LX Chainset, not bad, teeth and tapers fine, with pedals if you want them, though they are..er..old pedals. £10 posted.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/ ... crqbgv.jpg

This lot:
PICT0045_zpspfue2eri.jpg

Charlie Kelly's book: almost mint, tiny TINY dent in rear cover along bottom, heavy, so £13 posted. SOLD

Richard's Mountain Bike Book by Charlie Kelly and Nick Crane, £7 posted ( loads of lovely old stuff - great for atmospheric reading at 3 in the morning )

VHS's: pay post and they are yours. ( About 3 quid or something )

A Reynolds /Raleigh 501 bar. 6 posted. ( bit scruffy )

Sealskins Gloves and socks: Never worn. £10 per pair posted.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/ ... rfoxmw.jpg

maintenance stand from ebay: frankly I'd rather this went as collection, or I deliver it on the M6/M5/M50/ corridor or close or I can be flexible, because it'll cost a fortune to post and I'd feel better not doing it: 20 of your earth pounds.
PICT0048_zps59yi4uts.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/ ... lruzkt.jpg

Topeak Joe Blow - Sturdy and almost new. Nice kit, 15 posted
PICT0049_zpsjllruzkt.jpg

As far as tools go I don't actually have much in the way of cycle specific ones: not as many as I thought I had, anyway.

I have a couple of cassette removers, a Shimano BB remover, an SPD tool, a 1inch Headset spanner and a cone spanner and that's about it: I have been using my other tools for everything else. Order anything over 30 and the lot is yours.

OOoh and these: Teva M Pivot Shoes, EU Size 40, UK 7.5. Hardly ever worn, have a look at the soles, really nice condition: £25 Posted
PICT0029_zps7eczxkrb.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/ ... qj1mwh.jpg

And finally, a pile of MBIs - from 97 - 2000 and MBUKs 97 - 2005.
Mostly good condition, it's about a 4 foot pile so £50 ( lists available, but I don't really wanna split these, and am happy to drop them off as per the maintenance stand )

I am open to offers, in case I am way off base, and always happy to welcome retrobikers in for a natter.

Thanks for reading :)

Re: The Doctor's Giving up sale, now splitting, pics and prices.

If you add all of this up it's 250 without post and if you collect there's a few other bits as well, and you can cart it all off for 150 :) ( and a bag of Haribo Tangfastics* )

*Tangfastics are negotiable

Sorry to hear you're giving up mate :(

If you did decide to split, I'd be interested in the 96 and 97 magazines.

Oooh and there's more: A bike stand from Aldi - 15 collected still boxed - errected ( oooer ) once, and didn't fit where we needed it to:
stand_zpsr8lzywgt.jpg

And finally a dual bike carrier: towbar mounted, ( I have the other pair of red clamps in the car ) I'll include some ratchet straps too, comes complete with light board and electrics. 40 posted:
carrier_zpstksruueh.jpg

Ta for looking :)

Hi Ultra: Thanks mate. I'll just see if anyone wants all of the mags, if not I'll sort a price for them. :)

What size are the gloves?

Back